Diy board first time

Give me some specifics. Deck shape/style? Wheel preference? How much do you weigh?

Maybe this could be a community build? I have trucks and great mounts and a loose enclosure for you somewhere…Who’s in? Let’s build Stormboard "a good long lasting fast board for 1000 or under. I even have an 8s5p battery I’ll donate to the build for $300.

1 Like

board id say id need a long board for stability at speed dunno tho otherwise i dont mind what board the lighter the better

1 Like

ill take plenty go pro footage

1 Like

Ok let’s see if we can get a few more builders to chime in here with some fixins.

1 Like

sound bud thanks for the help

so what parts should i order and can anyone sell me a rear wheel hub setup

There are a few sellers but I wouldn’t trust any hubs rn how about belt drive?

i got a spare enertion mount that can be painted and reused… i throw it in free i am also interested in seeing this frankenboard!

1 Like

so thatll be belt drive sweet thanks bro what part the world you in

USA, brodah =)

ireland here

what trucks and wheels and board should i use

i would start off with calibur II’s =)

so these

Or the 50°s

any pics bud…so can i just conect this to the wheel with a spacer

why are the 50° more expensive

http://alienpowersystem.com/product-category/cnc-kit/alien-drive-complete-kits/are these any good maybe a new motor fitted…

I didn’t know they were. Can’t see any apparent reason for the 50s to be more expensive than the 44s. Afaik it’s the same truck only with a slightly different hanger angle. I bought mine for about 25 usd a piece.

They are more popular so more demand most likely. Same price usually, but i see the 44’s discounted every once in a while because old stock i’d guess.

I’d stick to 50’s even if a few $ more. better turn and less chance of wheelbite if setup properly.

Your requirements for light, plus range, plus speed are humorous, but i think folks have you on the right track now. I didn’t see you respond to [quote=“psychotiller, post:24, topic:28831”] Give me some specifics. Deck shape/style? Wheel preference? How much do you weigh? [/quote]

board shape will determine both wheels and room for electronics/enclosures. Weight is the biggest one to know since what moves a 140 rider vs 265lb rider (like me) will be very different.

And hills? I’ve been to parts of ireland it wasn’t crazy steep hills, but not very flat. Where you ride - hills or flat? If hills - how steep 15%? 20%? 25%+?

And before you say - cheap , light, fast, and able to go up 45% hills… go measure your steepest in your neighborhood and let us know actual vs expected.

GL!