Diy battery pack using Basen 26650 hi drain Li-ion cells

Nicely done @Namasaki :facepunch:t2:

Hope you really enjoy the extended ride!

1 Like

What I wanted was Dependability, which I was willing to sacrifice speed for. To be able to grab and go anytime and not have to put batteries in and out every time. Ground clearance for speed bumps and dips. And, an overall cleaner looking build. I would have gone with a smaller battery but I wanted to over build for amp draw. The range is just an added benefit.

Well, will keep an eye out for progess reports :metal:t2:

I will be doing top speed and range tests soon.

What’s the name of the welder. I couldn’t find it on Amazon.

It’s over priced on Anazon. Better to get it on eBay.

1 Like

Wow what a beauty. Cant wait for number on range and top speed :smile:

Here’s a nice trick with shrink tube

15 Likes

Like baby spark plugs.

And you don’t want it to spark!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Quick road test: top speed on a short flat section 22mph Acceleration is very smooth Brakes are ver smooth and gradual Range test coming soon

4 Likes

Got a late start so I didn’t have time to drain the pack but I did about 8 miles on the mission beach board walk and still have over 75% battery left! I will try to get down to Silver Strand soon and do a complete test.

3 Likes

So, one other new thing I did on this total build makeover is that I sealed the enclosure by putting self adhesive weather striping on the flange of the enclosure. Mostly to keep dirt and moisture out. While hoping that there would not be excess heat trapped inside. On my test ride today at the beach front board walk I noticed a hugh reduction of noise from the board. I mean it was very quite like FOC quite. I’m thinking that the full enclosure with foam seal is not only keeping the noise of the Esc’s in but also eliminating any vibration noise that would otherwise echo through the enclosure.

1 Like

Gone 16.7 miles and still 46% left on battery! And my legs hurt! That’s on the mission beach Boardwalk. Just cruising speed under 15mph

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure now that a 10s1p or 12s1p would work for flat ground.

What kind of nickel tabs did u use?

Lol yeah that’s a long way on a board …

Awesome

I wish I lived in a flat area, but I’m a fan of high torque and speed!

.15 mm pure nickel tabs 3/8" wide

Got 46% battery left. I should be able to finish it soon and have a total number for max range. No way I can do it in one session. I might never deplete the battery past 50% again after that.