DIY 6S to 12S BMS with CAN - DieBieMS

Thanks thanks, I will try that!

Yes master I’ll change my life and be a better man on github :nerd_face: (soon).

11 Likes

You might consider to post about your BMS on Endless Sphere forum. You can start a new thread and update all changes on your first post. Also you can put your BMS for sale on ITEMS FOR SALE - NEW page.

1 Like

Jtag’s******

1 Like

Is that some kind of code? Who do I contact to buy one of these wonders (BMS)?

You buy them from @Samau18, but it’s @JTAG who designed and created it

Get in on the 3rd batch!

Sign the form and sit tight cause production will begin once the 50 interested orders are in!

Just did, Thanks.

BTW: I ordered one, but can order second if this will make the difference. Keep us posted. Maybe others will order more so we get it going. Do we have some kind of manual or YouTube video how to?

Did you run any test on how much amps it can handle ? I might be interested for a unit.

I believe it would make a difference in order to get production going.

Both @Samau18 and @JTAG have some Youtube videos that you can reference for setup

I can’t recall the exact number but it was over 100 amps. You could look it up here

I don’t mean to be rude or anything but why is this better than say a bestech bms? My knowledge about bms’s is still in a very very early stage…

Just looking for a quick answer

Lots of good features and can handle higher amps to safely be used without bypassing for discharge afaik

1. Its configurable from 6-12s setups
  2. Has CANBUS support so you can connect and talk to the vesc
  3. its own config tool
  4. Future addons like USB-C PD (Use you laptop/mobile charger)

Would you recommend me getting this? Is the Diebiems something like focbox unity, only for super high-end systems? So basically anyone exept people with a crazy build are going to benefit from it.

This is my build

You dont need super high end build to use this bms. Its more expensive but thats because its a robust all in one system so no need for anti-spark anymore. Everything you’ll need is on the board and like the previous posts mention, its highly configurable to suit any build from 6s-12s.

Thank you for the explanation. Also thank u @Klaerke91.

I’m going to stick with a bestech bms since it’s half price.

2 Likes

No problem. Bestech is a good brand as well! Should suit your build fine

1 Like

So I do not have the cable to connect CAN between the DieBie MS and the VESC. Are the connectors JST 2 mm 1.25 mm pitch 5 pin on the DieBie MS and JST 2 mm pitch 4 pin on the VESC? I haven’t been successful finding these cables complete. Anyone selling these or having spare? Edit: Never mind. I will buy and make some.

I have included them in. 5pin connectors with cable and 4pins connectors with cable. You will just need to solder them up. I didn’t make a premade 5p to 4p cable since the length is quite customized.

Sam

2 Likes