DIY 6S to 12S BMS with CAN - DieBieMS

This is certainly awesome, and I will include it in some of my products for sure, but for Battery voltages>20V, you will need a fairly large boost converter somewhere. Very very unlikely that is going to be inside your board.

Hi Guys,

If you are happy with your unit, please help get me some reference by voting for me below.

Sam

3 Likes

You got my thumb up! Deserved!

1 Like

+1 10char…

1 Like

I’m having a hard time finding a price and how to order. Whats the going rate on these?

Check out the new group buy:

Oh man. I don’t think I can afford $120 right now. Some day

I got this strange error image

Thanks for letting me know. Someone else told me also, may be your account is too new?

Same here.

There has to be something else. My account will have 2y soon.

Maybe because you are not regulars? I would think so to prevent scammers taking the lead.

Strangely enough even I can’t vote xD.

In other news! I have all graphs operational, one example of the temperature graph: image

Will push and build a release asap! For now I am starting to read on the plotting of bar graphs xD.

11 Likes

Great work JTAG! Can’t wait to put all the new features on my board!

@rpasichnyk has experience building the VESC Tool for MacOs :blush:

I know you guys explained the CAN Bus connection several times. However for the sake of clarity, kindly explain which wires from the BMS side is which.

Obviously the Focbox has 4 pins , and the BMS has 5.

5v cAn L cAn H GND

Noting the colors, which is which ?

1 Like

I have tried to go through the documentation. Would be good if someone could verify it:

This is from the schematics of DieBie MS.

And this also. I have numbered the pins. So number

1. is Enable CAN,
  2. is CAN 5V,
  3. is CAN L (low),
  4. is CAN H (high)

Not sure about the VESC though. Haven’t done it myself yet. Thereof please someone with experience should verify it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This helps :facepunch:t4:, thanks a million

This is correct!

The can connector has 5 pins however :stuck_out_tongue:, last pin, pin 5 is gnd.

Sorry guys for the missing manual. Now that the bms tool is getting useable I will start to focus on the manual.

8 Likes