DIY 12s Evolve trucks build

So I got my hands on some Evolve Trucks and decided to build my girls board/extra board with it

• Arbor Drop through deck
  • Evolve Trucks
  • Unik motor mounts
  • TB 6355 x2
  • TB 12s4p 30q cells and enclosure
  • Vesc X x2
  • Nano X remote
  • Abec 11 Flywheels 90mm
  • Evolve 38t wheel pulley x2
  • 15t motor pullies x2
  • Zealous bearings
  • X things

So far it’s been really nice it has alot of torque and the trucks are a bit unsettling but nice. Surprisingly it free rolls very well I found my self coasting alot in the group ride and not really losing much speed. I like this new set up and may keep it this way as my go to board when my main one is down for upgrades like right now.

9 Likes

Nice build. Did you have to extend your motor cables to reach the vesc?

Thanks! I left the motor wires alone I soldered in some 12 guage wire to the ESC and cut them to length and soldered on the bullet connectors.

1 Like

This is what i’m working on atm. Dkp but drop through in a carbon integrated. Gonna be my shopping trolley. Not sure I’d go 12s on dkp though without some serious restrictions lol Nice build and I like the fact its for your girl. This is exactly how i got the next one past the wife. Its for you babe honest.

3 Likes

Hey guys I decided that dual kingpin set ups are not for me. I like to ride really really fast and its not easy on dual kingpin.

Also I have the issue of not being able to use just any deck.

I have both front and rear trucks with Unik 63mm motor mounts and 38T used and brand new unised 32t pullies. If anyone is interested lmk

1 Like

what’s the interior distance between the unik mounts?

Screenshot_20181227-160732_Chrome

I have to measure it but my buddy has dual 6380 on his evolve trucks with these mounts.

@mynamesmatt

1 Like