Discussion about DIY vendors, delivery delays, communication, and transparency

1. this opinion is actually shared by 80%+ of the customers who actually bought boards from specific vendors I’m referring to

2. Yes, you have a point here. I love what these builders are doing and some of them do have innovations that I like. I don’t want to smother innovation. I just want builders to be honest, that can’t be hard to do but it apparently is.

3. You don’t need my input, but there’s potential customers who buy boards with an idea in their mind that their board will get delivered on X date and their board will be amazing. Those customers end up being disappointed and those are the people I’m posting this for. Not to “feed me ego”. It’s not to give input to you. It’s to give insight to future customers to be more vigilant rather than just clicking pre-order. What kind of validation are you talking about?? I have no idea, I’m not getting paid to do this nor do I enjoy typing all this out. I’m asking for solutions, not looking for replies or “feeding my ego”.

You know what would be a lot better for these vendors? If they just start replying to all the ppl who have emailed them that they are ignoring, if they start being honest, if they improve and test their boards before shipping and using customers as beta testers. If you think asking for all that is feeding my ego… then I don’t know how to reply to that.

3 Likes

I think we need more insomniac moderators

8 Likes

And next time, don’t deal in vagaries, generalisation and non committal accusatory Reddit posts. Bring facts, evidence and discussion.

If you wanted a real discussion on a real topic to get to an end you wouldn’t be on Reddit rousing the unwashed masses and providing the pitchforks and torches. Own up to the need for drama.

5 Likes

why this people still sell stuff here? i can say i read a lot here, but i don´t see so much people complaining about things they bought as you want us to believe. if there is an issue it get´s handled usually very fast and both sides are happy. how you know about it? I mean you are in privat contact with so much people to be in the position to tell things like this? where is your source?

It´s like i would say boosted only sell shit because i had bad experience… it´s just not true as long as i can´t prove that 80% of all other people who also bought from them have the same issues.

1 Like

I explained my purpose clearly. To help out future esk8 customers, and expand the esk8 community rather than people getting discouraged by it by being screwed over.

That is my exact point. By being vague you have tarnished the reputation of all the vendors. Good and bad. Be big enough to make the accusations specific or leave it well alone.

80%… that’s a pretty bold claim. This is an extremely one-sided discussion. Even if what you’re saying is true and 80% were unsatisfied. I’d be willing to put money down that 50% of those customers are idiots. Who either didn’t know what they were actually ordering. Or didn’t take care of their purchase. People who just expect it to work because they threw money at it.

3 Likes

I can post my proof if the moderators okay it. I’m talking about complete boards that were bought. Very few people buy complete boards form DIY vendors as they are over $2000 per board. How do I know about it? Customers have told me their stories, I post on reddit all the time and they have messaged me there. You can also see some stuff publicly on facebook groups.

Who are the 80% of the customers? You’ve spoken to 80% of the people who have bought from every single professional esk8 builder in the world over the last 5 years, collated their experiences and communication in a spreadsheet and have that data to hand for us to review? Lets see it then please.

Aside from basing your assumptions on personal experience, which seems to be what is happening unless you can give us this mystical factual data you’ve accumulated, who made you the esk8 detective hell bent on stopping people from being defrauded by vendors you don’t want to name?

I bought an Evolve GTX and it developed 7 separate faults, I paid 2k and didnt ride it for 3 months and I was charged to return it 4 times. Shall you and I set up a personal crusade against all major vendors and warn everyone not to buy from any skate vendor for the rest of time because of my single experience? I’m ready to go, lets fake some statistics and get the ball rolling.

4 Likes

Generally speaking when people start tossing around percentages like 50% this 70% that, when they’re completely incapable of doing an actual case study it usually means they’re talking out their ass

6 Likes

there is absolutely nothing personal about it. Its about being the voice on reddit for building boards.
Your opinions are damaging to the esk8 community that you profess to be protecting and without specifics are based on hearsay.

you’re right, that number is made up. But consider this, with the exception of 2 people or so…almost every other customer who I have contacted has not been happy. So yes that number is talking out of my ass in a way, but that’s the rough ratio I got from what I have seen. Unless these vendors have a lot more boards sold with many happy customers who haven’t said a word…that number may not be far off.

Really.

WITH WHO? Who are you talking about?
Its not a difficult question.

Go to bed dude.

Do you even understand how consumerism works in the slightest?

10 people buy a product 1 person has a problem and shouts from the rooftop 1 person returns it and leaves a review saying it wasn’t for them 1 person has buyers remorse and creates drama (This is you)

the other 7 just use the product,k eep quiet and get on with their lives.

You’re even more simple than previously anticipated, you are basing your “evidence” off the first 3 people in that example. Wowzer.

4 Likes

I’m avoiding names out of respect. I’ll be in bed soon haha.

1 Like

Probably a good move.

And all these customers you’ve talked to who are unhappy. they were all 100% honest on the entirety of the situation with you… Yes they spent a lot of money on a skateboard. But some people are idiots. While I believe there are things a vendor should uphold. They also shouldn’t be financially responsible if someone mistreat something and just expect someone else to deal with it. Since we’re just making up numbers :roll_eyes: I’m going to say 80% of the people you talked to are idiots and aren’t telling the whole story.

1 Like

Except those 7 kept quiet publicly, but in PMs they told me and when I made an effort to reach them…their boards were either sold cuz they didn’t want them anymore or they dont work so they just don’t care for it anymore.

You are making this information up. You know it, we know it.

Time to cut loose and give up, I’m out, it is 100% clear to me that you are doing this for personal gain, you are a shill and there is a personal angle here that you are hoping to achieve by diminishing the value of the DIY scene.

1 Like

And every one of them did everything in their own power to fix their own belonging… I had a pre-built board break within 2 months the vendor fixed it and it started breaking again so I took the initiative and fixed it and that part hasn’t broken since. I also have a DIY board from a vendor I trust a lot and something he sold me broke the first day. Because that’s what happens. None of these boards are reliable brick houses. Things go wrong. They’re not going to fix themselves. Some people would much rather complain then actually try and fix the problem. I say some but I honestly think most.