Discussing esk8 deck: "Doobie" 39" Deck with Kicktail & milled out area for electronics

Vote here and let’s see the interest in this deck

• Will you buy one?
  • No I will not buy one.

0 voters

1 Like

So $150 and $50 shipping… Best case scenario, Tough price for me. I’m gonna put a no at this stage

If anyone is a no, please tell me your yes price. I really hope that the culture of what these are worth can shift a little bit when you’re working with a small US based company who needs to make a profit on all boards it sells. We have the cheapest set up costs of any board building operation I know of and no one is footing the bill for that in this case.

3 Likes

It’s not the right deck for me personally. I’ve also bought 3 decks while waiting for this one to come to fruition.

4 Likes

It’s not he price for me. I think $125 and $150 is pretty competitive but I’m in the middle of projects with the haya deck. it’s just the timing for me. But who knows I might impluse buy when the group buy rolls around.

If it’s 125$ shipped in the US, how much would it be without shipping? And then add the 50 bucks International.

There is $25 for shipping.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with the price.
Ill easily spend $200 on a deck that’s not even build for esk8. And those are mass production decks. $150 is more than fair.

• I don’t think it’s fair to compare it to the hummie deck. Hummie does not sell decks for a job.
4 Likes

100$ is a really competitive price. But with all the full integrated decks floating around and a new hummie deck on the horizon, getting up to 30 orders will be difficult. Anyway I am in the market for a Kicktail deck so will watch the progress closely.

What makes you the determiner of a competitive price? $100 is just breaching the price point of a regular longboard that you’re going to have to drill holes into, and CNC your own flat spot to achieve the same result with this deck.

2 Likes

Sorry, my wording wasn´t a good choice. It wasn´t meant as a determiner. I just wanted to express, that a deck with those features for 100$ is a good value for me personally.

Yeah, just to add. I’d comfortably pay $250 for a deck like this if it fitted in with my needs. I think your pricing is fine.

1 Like

This deck with these features for $100 is a steal not good value and not realistic at all. Price point is good where it is.

2 Likes

Yep, keeping it where it is. I will offer discounts if I can make them all at the same time. Pressing them all, then moving to cutting once all are pressed and cured, and then sanding, and clear coating all done at the same time on all the decks.

China is here for you if you want amazon pricing.

7 Likes

This is the start of a beautiful thing that we want to continue. You do all that work for next to no profit and you are hardly likely to do it again. Love your work.

1 Like

You don’t want customers that complain about cost. Price it according to your needs.

Reasons our boards justify a higher price.

We hand roll our glue. More glue in the board is the result, and If you don’t know, this is a much stronger option for longboards. We have found over the years that our boards still don’t break, delam, and don’t just give up after a year or two.

We give extra love to the board during the sanding process. More of the rail gets rounded and this makes for a longer lasting board which will shock you at how well it doesn’t explode when you slam it into things. FOR-E- VER!.

We use zero death chemicals. When we clearcoat we use multiple coats, rather than 1 quick light one and this means the skin of your board will last longer.

Our resin is the good good, and isn’t cheap.

We use triaxial fibers rather than biaxial which mean composite boards won’t twist as much under riding conditions (better ride).

Our concaves are all awesome because we’ve build custom boards for a long time now.

Them?

Their concaves is whack!

Their shapes is whack!

Their laminations is whack!

They don’t skate transition.

9 Likes

Logically thinking, the price of your existing boards should be a good indicator of value of this boards( + extra millling cost - reseller’s profit), but seems like www.drangboards.com is not up anymore. Well your instagram indicated that you supplied to https://www.motionboardshop.com/collections/boards under the name “Beggars Supply Co” , “Drang” and “DB”(possibly others) https://www.motionboardshop.com/collections/boards/products/drang-day-drinker image image

I might be wrong, but this deck is closest in comparison. I could have purchased it for $150 with free shipping from a reseller. So for me that’s a reasonable value(shipped).

Love the board, but the kick angle seems a bit shallow…can you increase it? It’s gonna have a lot of weight towards the front truck with a 12s 3p or 4p battery…

We never built for DB, but we built for many. We are prepared to work with brands, shops, and direct sales, which is where many the big companies are shifting their attention. It is our intention to keep doing as much direct as we can, but we entertain all offers for business. Many small longboard and skateboard builders and large, go out of business on the regular because they depend on their accounts as a factory. The ones who seem to hold onto market share also are their own brand. Homogenizing all our pricing offerings is the only way, and we put lots of effort into calculating prices for each project. The cold hard truth is that if boards are being ordered in quantities, it is much easier to manage that order, build the boards, and make money with lower price points. We love shops and want to leave room for them in this picture as well, and while that means you pay more than you would in a parallel reality where no skate shops exist. Retail pricing exists, and then shop rate exist below that (roughly 60%) and below that is where the OEM rate exists. That is where we get a bit worried, and historically we need to ask more on the OEM level. We can offer competitive rates for retail priced decks, and shops are also well taken care of.

2 Likes