Discussing esk8 deck: "Doobie" 39" Deck with Kicktail & milled out area for electronics

You could maybe go down a couple mm

1 Like

Yeah, the problem with this one that makes it harder to go deeper is that it has radial concave. Right now it is 11.11 mm deep. If I do 1 and a half more mms down, then there would only be 4 plies at 4 different points along the bottom of the board, and it is a bit of a risk. I am willing to make it if people all agree.

1 Like

Well the hummie deck has a little flex

At the moment this has zero flex

Iā€™d rather have a deck with zero flex but the enclosure be 2mm taller

5 Likes

This deck has a 26" WB, and more concave so yes, the hummie will flex tons more. This could be a 8 ply deck and it wouldnā€™t flex much.

1 Like

Btw no such thing as zero flex but it makes sense that you want as little as possible.

1 Like

Less is definitely better in this situation.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to route the top and bottom rails tomorrow and prep sand it maybe coat it too.

1 Like

If you made that deck a 8 ply and same thickness of the cuts would be even betterā€¦ Make it as light as possible

Wouldnā€™t work

Well, there is this :slight_smile:

1 Like

He actually mentioned it flexes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

maybe he needs some more layers!

Interested depending on price.

$150 - Iā€™m in $250 - Iā€™m out

4 Likes

That would be the same for me

1 Like

For the group buy here weā€™ll be as low as 175 shipped inside the usa, but retail price weā€™re going to try to set at 185-200 before shipping.

We can go all the way down to $125 shipped if we get 30 people in the group buy. If we get 20, the price will be $150 shipped in the USA.

4 Likes

I really like the deck! Nice work. What will be the price for International guys and girls?

20 is doable. Idk about 30. Bad timing right now after holiday season

Itā€™s probably gonna take a bit to fill a list to 30 but its doable. Waited a few month on my hummie deck, same kinda thing. Im willing to wait.

1 Like

Our DHL game is strong, we would only need to add $50 to each order if it is being shipped in a single box direct to you. The other way to go about saving on shipping would be to ship all the overseas boxes to a single location and have them all shipped from there individually. Might be able to keep it down a bit.