Discussing esk8 deck: "Doobie" 39" Deck with Kicktail & milled out area for electronics

I wouldn’t expect this to be the same. Hummie built those decks for himself and offered it to the community at pretty much no profit, because it got him what he wanted. @drangboards is a deck company. Its his job to make and sell decks. But… even in top end builds it is hard to justify much more than a 200 deck. Especially when there’s lots of other fourm built decks (some with enclosures) for 200 and under.

2 Likes

Sorry been flat out today. Lovely looking job there. I’d gladly receive one to make an enclosure for it! How does the shape look from the top? What is minimum depth in the cutout?

Posted this in the main thread too, but it’s relevant here as well…

That is a good question! Well as the tradition goes, it must start with the letter D. Any suggestions on what to name it?

The final specs are:

L39" (99cm) W10" (25.4cm) WB 26"-29" (66cm-73.66cm) Tail 6.5"-8" (16.5cm-20.3cm) Mild Rocker W concave Microdrops Flush mounts wheel wells 7.5 ply deep

Here’s a shot of the concave.

10 Likes

Should we make this go deeper? Right now there are a full 5 plies remaining and the deck feels strong

IMG_1231 IMG_1229 IMG_1230

4 Likes

Dam it’s wonderfull !!

DAMBOARD is born ? :blush:

denizen: 1. anything adapted to a new place, condition, etc., as an animal or plant not indigenous to a place but successfully naturalized.

8 Likes

Nailed it :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I absolutely second that motion. Denizen

1 Like

:+1: +1 Brad ! I was a bit to much exiting :smile:

1 Like

I actually like that name a lot. Maybe we see if anyone can topple the idea. I want to name something the darmok. If you know that reference you get some sort of discount.

I just want to know if under 11mm is good for the enclosure. It feels stiff, as there are almost all of 5 plies still in the middle of the board. I do wantt to put the board back down on the table, and take the flush mounts down, and also the rear tail relief cuts. I might not do it on this one though jeez, there is just so much to do.

3 Likes

Darmok only if its the 102nd board you have made

lol 10chara

1 Like

Denizen sounds awesome though.

3 Likes

It does and it fits the application perfectly.

4 Likes

How many plies

12 plies on this one.

It’s great that people are now interested now that you made the first deck

4 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking you could build.

1 Like

My main question is should I go deeper on the enclosure cut?

1 Like

deeper would allow builders to more easily go double stack should they want to go crazy with big battery packs without having to go with bigger enclosures which would reduce ground clearance. I think the Hummie deck is about half an inch in depth for reference

1 Like