Discussing esk8 deck: "Doobie" 39" Deck with Kicktail & milled out area for electronics

5 Likes

image image image image image image image

16 Likes

What is the machining time out of curiosity. Looks good btw

Iā€™ll send you my addressā€¦

2 Likes

Biggest question is how deep should the maximum depth be on the enclosure. I think we need to keep the top of the board above the batteries at least 6 plies deep. This is going to be the most important decision.

Right now the cut is as deep as 7 plies. The board may be able to handle a slightly deeper enclosure cut, but I donā€™t wan to do it. I think this might stay strong.

IMG_1175 418FD233-A3DE-4D35-AF84-6891DBDD5B60 IMG_1169 IMG_1161 ABA4157A-B155-4345-80E5-CA51B8BC0F5A IMG_1183 IMG_1178 IMG_1186 IMG_1187 IMG_1184 IMG_1185IMG_1183

9 Likes

Looks really good man. Iā€™m into it

1 Like

image image image image

19 Likes

Yeah Iā€™d ride thatā€¦

1 Like

Machine time was about half hour. I took it slow on a few operations and rushed one op. Could be 15 minutes.

1 Like

Nice, are you going to ship it to ben next?

1 Like

Now that is what we all have been looking for @drangboards .

Yeah I dig it. If I had the personal money Iā€™d keep it and set it up but I need lots of help and my double kick is gonna be awesome with raptor full kit.

So if we get a count going we can make a discounted group buy but for one of these full retail price should be what? What is the value of a board like this?

Not sure if this one goes to Ben or the next one or maybe I send him a mold first so he can put mold release on it and have production going.

What do yā€™all think?

Iā€™d say anywhere from 150 to 250 usd

@bigben

What do you think

Hummie sells his board(with a couple CF layers) at $125 shipped with a similar cutout. I would imagine this would be the same.

2 Likes

I think whoever makes the enclosure is going to do it better if they have the deck with them, just my opinion

Priced similar to hummie deck is great. But we all know hummie is barely making money off that. In this case it should be different

True but real money is finding that sweet spot. Too expensive only a select few buy and you donā€™t make enough; too cheap, a lot of people buy it but you donā€™t make a lot.

There may be other factories on this side of the pond who can and will jump into building these in more efficient manner at higher monthly quantity but for us now here at drang weā€™re going to be as high as we can be in that price. I like the forum for finding a price. In a few days we can settle on something solid. Group buy may influence a discount based on how many we presell. We can press boards right when they sell and we want 2 weeks for curing or almost that as Utah is a dry climate.