Discussing esk8 deck: "Doobie" 39" Deck with Kicktail & milled out area for electronics

There is some time available today to cut out this board. Does anyone know what size battery enclosure I need to be cutting for? Maybe I’ll wait. Let’s finalize this board.

1 Like

Hey I was watching that Livestream it was late at night and wasn’t paying much attention to it.

But when I was talking about shapes I was still talking about have a kicktail deck…and the shape I had in mind was something like this

22e7b914baf22782620e4e59033e8f89 hd_product_Moonshine-2018-Outlaw-(SET-HD)

2 Likes

yes in deed. I wanted to let people know we can build each board with a different shape. That is very quick and painless to program and set up for. The battery enclosure is what we haven’t set in stone yet.

1 Like

Anything like this possible

There are more questions I asked above, about the enclosure… Should we drill holes somewhere, should we make battery wire cuts somewhere? What else can we do to make an awesome deck?

I think leave the holes for the enclosure since it could be a pain in the ass for the builder

And can u add wire channels like the raptor? Of you can do it, if you can’t don’t worry

2 Likes

Ok, so If I cut a pocket out in the board out at 50x534x12.4mm you’re down to see it happen? Should I do a relief section out around the perimeter of the rectangle?

2 Likes

Relief section will be good and yes that size will be fine to see what we can do with it

1 Like

So basically right now we’re setting in stone the requirements for the battery enclosure. I would like someone who makes enclosures to chime in.

@bigben for UK definitely but getting it to him is another story

1 Like

Should that be 150mm wide?

1 Like

haha yes, not 50

1 Like

That’s a good size. The milled out recess around that isn’t imperative but could add an extra level of finesse if the thickness of enclosure and seal is right. It could though add another level of complication at this stage, and in the interest of testing a concept and showing something tangible simple may be better.

3 Likes

@bigben makes some mighty fine enclosures

Did you decide on a final shape for the first few?

Loved what moon suggested https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/discussing-esk8-deck-doobie-39-deck-with-kicktail-milled-out-area-for-electronics/77848/62?u=skunk

1 Like

Shapes can be anything for everyone really. The shape I chose for myself is this one. I need that kick. Here is what that battery enclosure size looks like with this shape and overall config, 26" WB, ect.

3 Likes

I’m really into it. I admittedly like slightly sharper corners but I really like the shape of the deck overall. I’d definitely like to add it to my project list. Didn’t think i would be happy i didn’t order that moonshine sidekick last week. This will be way better, especially with a @bigben enclosure potentially. :wink:

1 Like

I like sharp corners and fish style decks 22e7b914baf22782620e4e59033e8f89 hd_product_Moonshine-2018-Outlaw-(SET-HD)

2 Likes

All so sexy. Im excited. When do you think you’ll be ready to start discussing prices? @drangboards

IF we do a pointy shape, the board is going to get longer by a bunch. I think the shape I have designed is the one I’d want to see now but can build it with any shape for anyone, for a price. I’m not taking any length off this tail until I know for sure it would be desirable. If I put a milled out recessed area around the pocket, on this one it will get a bit close to the wheel wells. Maybe we do it on the next one. Maybe we can end up making it a biit shorter than 534mm. If not that’s fine, I think this size will work fine.

I can discuss prices now. This deck would cost around $150 or so. If it is only getting a channel cut, we can talk about that first, and as we add features, or for those who want to add features, like perfect holes to match a fixture, or a channel for batteries to come out and up through the base plate or something I think that would be cool.

3 Likes

Im personally happy with your design. I just wanna see the first batch get into builders hands so we can get this train rolling. Not enough decks built for esk8. Especially kicktail decks. Great potential here.

2 Likes