Discussing esk8 deck: "Doobie" 39" Deck with Kicktail & milled out area for electronics

This is where we have a focused discussion about the 39" Kick tail Deck with a milled out section for batteries that supports up to a TBC battery configuration , made by @drangboards

• Flat mounting area for battery and electronics - Aiming for 150x534x12.4mm (need to calculate what this area can actually fit)
  • 10" Wide
  • 39" Long
  • 8" Tail
  • 26" Wheelbase
  • Price - TBD but it will also be available for people in Europe

image image image image image image image image

Enclosures can be made by Psyschotiller and Bigben I presume.

I am just here to make @drangboards life easier and make sure we are on track and don’t derail and continue with progress

WOULD YOU BUY ONE?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

14 Likes

I’m into it, especially if we can get a sleek enclosure from @psychotiller made for it. How many layers you shooting for @drangboards?

3 Likes

With a .5" channel being routed, I’d say this needs to be 11 or 12 16ths of an inch thick. If we used carbon top and bottom we might even be able to go down to 10, but we’re talking about 12 here if it’s wood only.

5 Likes

Great. Im good with wood.

2 Likes

Whats that in metric?

Let’s see if this works

Length Conversion

Can’t wait for the freedom measurement discussion

3 Likes

I’ll make sure to simply convert the file over to MM, so all you can stay calm and get stoked.

8 Likes

All wood since the cost increase for carbon fiber is drastic?

Woods also better at absorbing vibrations

1 Like

Yes wood only.

4 Likes

This deck with a 26" wheel base will be stiff enough with wood only. Composite after that would make the board overly stiff, and too heavy.

It can be done on a deck with a bottom route that isn’t as deep as this one is.

If anyone sees this, and wants to talk about a deck outside of this deck specifically, then pop on over to the Drang thread, and post there. www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/drang-boards-deck-building-services-design-cnc-etc

1 Like

Poll added to original post

I do wanna know if tiller plans to make an enclosure for it tho.

2 Likes

Is the kicktail upturned, or level with the rest of the deck?

And i accidentally made it private lol

Lol that’s what she said :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@skunk really does make it to easy :joy:

2 Likes

Yep… she tells me often of my skills with wood. Bragging to her friends. Now they all give me odd looks when they come by.

2 Likes

What is the max size wheels I can use with this on caliber trucks?