DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Very Nice vidéo,

1 Like

Yeah Dude NiiiiceVideo Badass Track Sick riding Great soundtrack And the oskar goes to @rich

Cheers

1 Like

Youtube takes a bit of time to have the full quality rendered. You only see bad quality in the first hour or so. Do you like the current version quality wise now?

If not let me know your export software and settings and i´m gonna help you out bro :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks bro, I am blessed! This is my first oscar! Do you send it by mail?

The quality didn’t change and I uploaded it yesterday. BTW all my videos look bad on YouTube but this one is the worst :laughing: Thanks man for your help, will PM you :blush:

OK finally I found a shop which is selling pliers for the circlip and could open the motor. Everything looks fine to me but no way to check the cables because I would have to disassemble further, no idea how this would work, this is my first time opening a motor. The bearings seem fine.

So I decided to open the crushed motor as well to compare´the look of the cables and the bearings. It took some time because of stucked crushed magnet parts from the can, the shaft is also bent.

After comparing I had no idea what could be wrong and what I could do. Later I had a touch of genius, the motor part of the crushed motor looks good beside some small scratches. I took the can of the new motor combined with the old motor part and it works, already passed motor and sensor detection :grin::rofl::sunglasses:

Did you ever had or heard about such behaviour of this motor @okp? The resistance when spinning is about double or three times as normal so when you spin it by hand it instantly stops. During free coasting the motor acts like a small brake that’s how I recognized it. Also it got warmer than the other. But when I touch 2 phase wires there is really heavy resistance so I don’t think it’s an internal short.

3 Likes

no but in any doubt shoot me via email the photos and I’ll send you a replacement motor anytime.

4 Likes

It’s time for some updates…

Fortunately the motor works as expected so I’m back in the dirt :sunglasses:

Received the crashpants with thick foam, need no more belt on my trouser :laughing:

I was thinking about how to get faster power from the vesc, the motor max is at 65A (as the max rating) and I don’t want to increase it so I need to change some other settings but I wanna stay on the safe side. What I tried is to decrease the PPM ramping time to 0.1 second. It’s not much difference to 0.3s but I like it, next time I’ll try 0.01s.

ppmRamping

Look at my rear tire compared to my front tire, I used them for a couple of days only :weary:

I know at least one reason why they wear down so fast. I watched some videos of @Nowind and he inspired me to slide on loose gravel, that looked so much fun and it is for real :rofl:

8 Likes

Nice edit man - loved it.

1 Like

Great Video again Dude. Loving the Music too.

Oh my eyes get wet (-; I know how much fun it is to wear down tires this way…

Keep on drifting

“Stellst dich quer, siehste mehr” :sunglasses:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::call_me_hand:t2:

Love it bro!! You be slaying dat gravel homie!!

Props!

1 Like

Thanks bro’s @ArnhemAnt @Nowind @DanSkates! :blush:

Maybe it’s better to slide on grass or mulch to save the tires :joy:

I swapped the front and rear tires today, it’s so easy with this direct drive, much better than any belt drive. Unfortunately my front hubs wobble that’s why I had to disassemble all hubs to swap the tires :confounded:. I did count the time to see how fast I can do it. Well I did a stupid mistake and forgot to release the air before, BANG, the hub and the tire popped like popcorn. I couldn’t believe how big the tube is when it’s inflated to 50psi, crazy!

The swapping took about 1 hour including cleaning the hubs. I recogized some dry material inside all hubs, that must be tire sealant and means I had at least 4 flats already without any consequences, I love this green slime.

My steez remote was very spooky today (need ghost busters). 2 times it locked the throttle at 50% and when I slightly attached the brake there was 100% brake, very tricky to keep balance with locked rear wheels. And last time I fell down and managed to go full throttle and lock the cruise control, fortunately I was able to lift the board wih my legs. Also almost every ride I loose connection 1-2 times, that can be dangerous.

5 Likes

Throw that shitty thing away and use a propper 2.4ghz remote like the gt2b or the mini. These things can cost a bone or two too fast!

6 Likes

:joy: I’ve paid about 200€ for 2 of them, way too much to throw away… (but of course better than injuries)

I also had connection problems with the steez in my old enclosure but after changing the position of the receiver it worked flawlessly. Right now my receiver is above the power leads which is bad, maybe I could try to shield the receiver.

Used a GT2E but the receiver died after 2-3 weeks and it’s too big IMO. Do you mean the mini remote with finger or thumb throttle?

I have another problem but I think it has nothing to do with the remote. When I stand still and there is a small decline I slightly roll even when appplying 100% brake, that’s very annoying especially when waiting to cross streets with heavy traffic, I always have to turn the board 90 degrees to avoid rolling, any ideas?

I have a gt2e without any problems since two year. I also Moded it to become smaller and didnt even destroy anything

1 Like

also a happy gt2E user/ 1.5 years. Was using two separate receivers first, but they appear to be reliable enough. Split ppm now.

1 Like

There are pretty reliable, i think you just found a bad one :smiley: Mod it with something like the Sparkle or Mad Monkey etc.

Even with 100% brake, there is always a mini bit of rolling involved when there is a decline with vesc (my Max6 has this too). I don´t think there is a ESC out there which is able to really block a wheel 100%

1 Like

Ha, this is the GT2 clique, right @DeathCookies @telnoi and @TarzanHBK? Glad to hear it works for you!

Maybe in winter if my problems continue…
Actually I try to finish my urban carver commuter which I started to build in february 2017 :joy:

Good to know so I have to live with this first world problem.

hell yeah. It’s big and clunky and I had to search for the batteries all over the place after I crashed…it actually helped me to distract myself from the hole in my arm. Speaking of which, have the following items in my basket. Only thing I dislike is the lack of shoulder pads…

1 Like

I have the mallet IXS knee pads for mountain biking and I love them really comfortable and easy to walk in and wear for long periods of time. So I would recommend those.

As for the second picture of those knee pads, I would not recommend those as they are quite awkward to wear and there is a little bit inside that rubbed on my knee also the connecting piece of plastic between the knee and shin guard broke very quickly so they get a thumbs down from me.

Leat is a good brand I have their neck brace and it is comfortable I don’t know about their body amour.

I would personally recommend Bliss body armour as this is very flexible and comfortable as each plate is soft but hardens on impact. Depending on how big you are I have an XS bliss body armour jacket which I could sell you it was an old one of mine which is now too small

first picture are elbow guards :slight_smile: Good to know the knee guards I listed break easily. I’ll choose the mallet instead.

I’d need an XL body armour, otherwise I would consider your offer.

I would go all mallets and bliss for body armour and you will be safe as anything