DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

I’m yet to break one off (or round one), the smaller sizes don’t have one & the width (+length) of the T-handle varies with the size and strength of the key.

2 Likes

Jeeeesus, this Vicious is a super rough monster griptape, my feet won’t slip anymore for sure :laughing: Maybe it’s difficult to step in the bindings because of the murder grip …

The difference looks unreal

5 Likes

Hahahaha welcome to the vicious club lol

2 Likes

no sitting on that board again (or buttboarding) with Vicious - it will rip yo ass off :smiley:

3 Likes

I reckon I’ll be okay. I just received my Hillbilly Hip Pants. Just tried them on and I feel like Superman ready for a serious ass wacking.

5 Likes

Please show me a picture sitting on a mountainboard :rofl:

Finally got some parcels so I’m ready to ride again very soon.

Will update this thread later with some more info, had some unexpected troubles…

8 Likes

Hope everything is okay, and that things aren’t too serious.

1 Like

:rofl: Thanks man, if it’s serious is a matter of opinion, I have problems with the new hanger :laughing:

The outer width is only 49mm, it’s not possible to bridge the gap even with the thickest bushings available :weary: My other hangers are about 51.7mm and fit with 2mm bushings (my baseplates are 55.7mm).

Because I want to ride (no, I must ride) I decided to fix my broken vertigo hanger for now, will change later to a new hanger (hope to get it replaced).

On the left side the bent hanger from skate park and on the right side a 51.7mm hanger as goal for bending.

With help of the bolt and the long nut I bent the hanger step by step with a wrench. After the M6 bolt was done I switched to M8 bolt to apply even more force to bend the hanger more because otherwise it would be too small after removing the nut. I’ve expected the hanger or bolt to crack but nothing happened :crazy_face:

Now the hanger is 51.4mm and ready again. Made a spacer for inside the hanger so it can’t bend again :metal:

The key of the motor spur gear had some play on the shaft of the motor, I guess that’s also the reason why one gear came loose once. Added 0.24mm self-adhesive insulating paper just on the part where it sits inside the keyway of the shaft, the play is gone :grin:

I also use washers on the shaft for 2 reasons, it’s easy to mount the gear again and again (e.g. if it comes loose) at the same position as before and they also prevent any possible movement of the can. I had one motor where the slot on the shaft was too big and the circlip had play sideways. After a while the can had play, too. After bridging the gap between circlip and motor pulley with washers the play of the can was gone.

Finished mounting the direct drive, need to fix and connect the rest before I can go for a ride tomorrow :drooling_face:

Check out this sexy @Duffman spacers :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

HUBBA HUBBA :heart_eyes: E-TOXX +DUFFMAN

Loving the improv to get back out riding. This is part of my problem I’ve never actually had all the right things at the right time to make my board perfect so It’s constantly a work in progress. But, for me, overcoming challenges and rebuilding things is all part of the journey :wink:

How do the new straps feel btw? I’m pretty sure you will piss your pants when you see how comfortable they are :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t mounted them yet but am glad that I read your warning and will prepare a diaper.

I wanted to make it ready for ride before mounting the F5 bindings otherwise I have the bindings mounted but can’t ride because it looks like this right now

Also I’m working slowly, it’s 3:30 a.m. here :crazy_face: Think I’ll sleep and finish tomorrow (today)

Almost every esk8 builder could say that :laughing:

3 Likes

DUDE you’re an animal!!! Get some sleep! :rofl: Looking forward to seeing you up and riding again.

3 Likes

And an inspiration. Well done on the work to get things back up and running again @rich. I never would have thought of doing that with the hanger. I think, instead, I would have just hit it with a hammer.

5 Likes

Thanks bro’s, this thread is also an inspiration for me :sunglasses:

Wow, had almost forgotten the feeling riding the dirt machine (and how loud it is) :laughing: Feeling alive again and found new paths today in the city

This time I wasn’t lazy and added wire mesh :grin:

The new bindings feel very good and after some time you forget about them. My back foot hurted but I think the strap was too tight, Compared to Trampa you have much more freedom and movement in the MBS bindings and it’s fluffy. What I don’t like is all the plastic instead of aluminium, e.g. when I open the heelstrap the whole bracket bends a lot. I hope it won’t break, saw a video on youtube where someone did a backflip in skate park and on landing the binding broke :rofl:

Here a comparison of the bindings, the toes have more freedom with MBS but I don’t know yet if that’s good or bad. On backside turns you are more locked to the board with Trampa bindings.

Without heelstraps the MBS give more support and it’s also possile to jump. It’s helpful that both sides of the strap can be adjusted in length.

Had the app running and got some telemetry data. Outside temperature was 26 degrees C, the vescs and motors reached about 60 degrees maximum, I was riding 20km. That looks good and means that in summer with 36 degrees outside temperature it will be about 70-75 degrees. If the vesc get too hot I can change the upper lid to get some airflow inside the enclosure if necessary.

These Hillbilly wrist guard gloves feel good and provide proper safety. The only thing the velcro straps are very short in comparison to the size of the glove. I have Large but would like the Velcro straps of XLarge. The velcro is strong, I hope it will stay good otherwise it would affect the wrist guard function.

I feel much safer with this heavy doodies made in U.S of A. and finally love wrist guards, won’t wear normal gloves anymore. Have to get used to the different position of the remote.

My only problem right now is the nasty and stinky dog shit on both rear wheels :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Finally someone else with that problem, was afraid i’m the only one to whom that happens constantly :smiley: Do a burnout in tall wet grass with a bit of pressure on the wheels, gets most of the shit right off :laughing:

Anyways, great you’re riding again :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Awesome seeing you on the road again. What tires are you rocking there?

2 Likes

This is exactly how i got the shit on, but it wasn’t wet (or if then it was dog piss). Have the board in bathroom now to let the shit dry.

Is it allowed for dogs shitting in germany btw? :rofl: I’m not joking, here in vienna dogs are of course allowed to shit but the owner has to grab it with a plastic bag otherwise you have to pay up to 90€ fine.

“Take a bag for the shit”, these signs are everywhere.

So that means I have my tires covered with illegal dog shit, shall I call police… better not I have an illegal board.

Rubena V38 Diamond ordered from czech republic, one tire was 8.50€ plus shipping but I don’t really recommend them. They are very thin and made for wheelchairs and only up to 20 km/h and lower pressure. They sound strange on concrete while carving and I don’t trust them. The only advanage is that I really don’t care about these tires and sometimes ride like there is no tomorrow. I will use them until they brake (or loose the profile to have a comparison of range). My Trampa Treads lastet about 600km, with the grey tires I have about maybe 250km or more and don’t see much wear (but changed both rear tires already)

For all of you who don’t listen to me :rofl:, here you could order but I won’t : http://www.delfi.cz/en/eshop/reha-programme/tyres-and-tubes/tyres/pneumatic/for-electric-wheelchairs/8/plast-rubena-200-x-50-v38-diamond-seda-241.html The shipping was expensive and they wrapped the totally squeezed tires in plastic foil only, no parcel!!! This was the most stupid “parcel” I’ve ever received in my whole life.

I am on a mission to find good durable cheap tires, the Rubena was my first try.

Want to try the MBS T3 next. Also have some new Trampa Treads at home but want to keep them as spare. It’s really hard to afford Trampa tires for me, 80 Pounds for 4 tires incl. shipping is too much IMO. For the same money I get 8 T3 tires with free shipping. BTW does someone has experience with T3 tires?

2 Likes

No we train them from a young age to just not shit of course :rofl: But seriously, i’m mostly riding in way more rural areas than Vienna, so while it technically isn’t allowed no one really gives a shit. Well, no one but the dogs :smiley:

Maybe get a baby stroller and mount the tires there and then go to the police :smiley:

2 Likes

:rofl:

I love that idea, but motorized of course :laughing: You talk about ATB = All Terrain Baby stroller I’m talking about E-ATB = Electric All Terrain Baby stroller Ask @DanSkates or @AndyBigD, they have E-ATB’s :wink:

I managed to record and upload the first trick of the S.K.A.T.E. Challenge today

7 Likes

9 Likes

:rofl::joy: Great but I thought you have the All Terrain version

1 Like