DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Very nice shop man! They even have free shipping within europe above 60£ :crazy_face: I paid 26£ more at the other shop…damn!

1 Like

Yes, that is right.

Correct.

The Mini hanger is on the front of my board. It has the bearing conversion spacers, which I guess means that no additional spacers are required with these, yet, there still is a gap inside the hub, between each bearing.

The rear hanger, with the gear drive system (from @Nowind) has a 12mm axle. There are no spacers between the bearings on the rear hanger. There were some small, 10mm spacers with the gear drive kit, but I figured that these go between the hub adapter and the hub so that the rear bearing does not fall into the gap.

P4241103 With 10mm spacer.

P4241102 Without 10mm spacer.

Maybe I am best to order some spacers and ‘O’ rings from Trampa? Yet another small, insignificant order that will incur a large postage cost… Although, from what I understand, the Superstar hubs have a ‘spoke support spacer’ which basically works like the bearing spacers. If I was cautious about not over tightening the nuts, maybe I can get away with just using the existing spoke support spacer??

2 Likes

Thats right Dude!

2 Likes

Livid!!! :joy: I have to say though that the ATBshop has some wicked stuff!! Everytime I see it written ATB i really feel like we should be calling these boards e-ATB to get away from the whole e-mountainbike (e-MTB) thing. AT some point we’ve all just gotta decide to publish stuff written that way i reckon. They are at their very core ‘all terrain boards’ and not mountainboards. You really don’t need a mountain for a motorsied board - that’s why we motorised them!! :smile:

That aside…I NEED ME SOME OF THOSE GLOVES!!!

1 Like

Totally agree! I was just saying the very same the other day; https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/emtb-progression/52442/7?u=andybigd Lets start the movement! We build e-ATBs here not e-MTBs!

2 Likes

Dude - I’m in!!! I’ll reply on your other thread properly to give it some more visibility too…

1 Like

I’ll post the same thing here I just posted on the eMTB Progression too to increase visibility - especially as @rich’s thread already contains such an amazing array of facts and information :

Reading back through that thread I’d say that most people agree eATB or e-ATB is the most apt naming convention for these boards. It’s kinda already agreed upon anyway by the fact that mountainboarders have already been using ATB to get away from the MTB sport.

From here on in I’ll only refer to my board as eATB (or e-ATB?) and hopefully others will start to accept that term too :slight_smile:

1 Like

eMTB:

eATB:

I’m pretty sure we can topple the tissue banks for their top spot! :smile:

5 Likes

It would be pretty intersting to see how quickly we can fill up the google top searches if we spam the use of e-ATB. Obviously we’re all trapped in our own filter bubbles so searches would vary but would be interesting to see none-the-less. Think I prefer ‘e-ATB’ over ‘eATB’ as it looks a lot less like EAT and makes the distinction clearer whilst still retaining the fact that it’s an ATB.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The bearing conversion spacers just reduce the inner diameter of the bearing from 12mm to 9,525mm for the mini hanger, but this has nothing to do with the bearing support spacer in between the bearings.

There are 2 possible ways to fill the gap between the bearings on MINI truck (9,525mm axle):

1. With 16,5mm bearing support spacer and ID=8mm o-ring

2. or with 17,8mm bearing support spacer without o-ring

For the rear wheels on 12mm axle you need:

1. 16,5mm bearing support spacer and ID=10mm o-ring

2. Or you file down some 18,2mm spacers to desired length.

If it’s just about 2 spacers and 4 o-rings I can send them to you by mail. If you want to order some more spare parts I would highly recommend to get at least some parts which can save you from long waiting time without riding in case you need it.

The difference between the four bushings is the thickness of the base. The different base sizes are 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm and 2.5mm. Check which one you need before ordering, especially the 4 bushings on the 2 hangers usually need replacement from time to time, rear hanger more often.

I just recommend this because one of my spring retainers broke already.

Maybe I find more important things for this list and gonna edit this post, or someone else got an idea.

Also a good idea is spare tires maybe tubes (or green slime) and spare bearings.

I would suggest eATB (I know you already changed your youtube titles to e-ATB) google for “e-ATB” pictures and you know why :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: A lot of all terrain bikes out there :joy:

But anyway, e-ATB looks better than eATB

2 Likes

@rich what about the fact that the spoke spacers should act as bearing supports? Or do I still really need the other types you have recommended? Thanks also for the parts recommendations.

@DanSkates, without getting too caught up in semantics, what about MATB? Motorised All Terrain Board.

1 Like

the main problem is that too much parts are called spacers :joy: I’m not sure what do you mean with “spoke spacer”, do you mean the plastic spacer between the spokes? These are for stability of the whole hub.

The frame of the bearing gets supported and hold by the spoke itself but the inner ring amongst the balls needs support, too. The bearing support spacer sits on the axle between both bearings and bricks the gap. Without spacer you would harm your bearings if you overtighten the axle nut and the spacer is needed for axial forces as well, e.g. when carving or sliding. If you only ride straight it could work without :wink:

Don’t hesitate to ask again if something is not clear, it’s hard for me sometimes to explain things in english

1 Like

Perfectly explained. I’ll get another order underway with Trampa…

2 Likes

Damn I like that too!! How the hell do we choose? I’m happy to go with the flow. If only there was a manufacturer of electric mountainboards to help choose @trampa :joy:

Oh wait…best not make that suggestion in case he trademarks it!! :rofl:

Totally kidding Frank! :wink:

…well kinda! :joy:

1 Like

Jeez I forget that English isn’t your first language - it’s better than mine!! I really need to get my head around this my board sounds very ‘clunky’ and it can’t be good for it!

2 Likes

So there’s two races on a bearing.

The inner race, which rests against the axle, it is the smallest circumference ring of the bearing. If you place this onto an axle with space between them, the inner races of the two wheel bearings end up pinched when installed in a wheel without spacers after tightening. So a metal sleeve of the same diameter of the inner race is put between the two inner races of both wheel bearings. The distance between the inner race edges on standard skate wheels is 10mm. The distance on a superstar is 17.8mm.

Here is an example of bearing spacers on an axle supporting the inner race. The bronze is the inner race support spacer, this is inside of the wheel, where you cannot see 9a05b751b3da7122119b9c4bfcfc74887c7c973f_1_299x500

Then there is the outer race. This race is supported by the bearing slot in the wheel or hub. On trampa superstars there is a “plastic hub support spacer” while clamping doesn’t happen here too much, the plastic spacer is to keep the spokes from flexing in, and misalligning the outer race, from the inner race…

Hope that makes sense…

5 Likes

Well… shame on you! :joy: I’m really thankful @Deckoz explained it in real english and much better than me, thanks bro!

Example for the same thing (while i try to explain, Deckoz knows the vocabulary):

:laughing:

:joy: This is too funny!

I have another hint for you guys, some weeks ago I bought Hex Plus screwdrivers from Wera especially for mounting esk8 stuff. This was one of the best investments ever! It feels so much better than standard allen keys which you can throw away after tightening 2 grub screws. With this tools the head of the screws will last much longer and won’t get stripped like with standard allen keys. These babys I also carry in my backpack when riding, seems that they’ll have a long and happy life :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Lol.i understood yours perfectly fine man. Both are right. Because technically it is a ring. And the race(groove where the ball rolls) is a part of that ring. Just two different ways of saying the same thing broski :slight_smile: as, the ring/housing/race are all the same assembly or piece :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you visit a piercing studio and ask for “inner ring amongst the balls” I guess you’ll get something completely different :crazy_face:

9 Likes