DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

So we are 70+ now. Thats 70+ new eskates We wre getting bigger and bigger

But there is now another question:

The CC/CV power supply need not the exact voltage of the cells package. The voltage level of the cells is regulated by the BMS.

The CC is needed to charge the battery not to fast (also the BMS can be the limiting factor). The CV is needed if the BMS is disconnecting and if there is no CV the voltage would go up and destroy some parts.

Is my thinking correct?

Just checked, you are on the list for one.

ah awesome, thanks. Can I increase that to 2 now then please?

Yeah, will update.

I think charger needs to be 3v higher.

cc for limiting current, cv to lock the voltage when full charged

So we are 4 weeks out on these now?

Also want to confirm that I am down for 2. It looked like a repeat but I need one for a buddy of mine

still checking material status. Will know soon.

I will check your quantity

Any recommendations for power supplies for a 10-12s setup with this BMS for Australia? Money isn’t a problem (within reason).

3 Likes

@JTAG will this bms place any load on the battery when its off? Ie not powered on, charging nor connected to USB? Just trying to work out if I need some other form of switching off inline?

The BMS will have a load of about 30 micro amperes when it is disabled, therefore you dont need any other means of separating the battery from the BMS. It is intended to get rid of that hassle and always be connected.

3 Likes

@Samau18 whats the timeline for payment collection for these? I wanna make sure I have some set aside when you start sending invoices :smile:

Fantastic thanks :slight_smile:

@JTAG is there currently any way to check the cell voltages via Bluetooth?

@Samau18 Is there still a chance to join in for two units?

Yup a made plenty more

@Samau18 how’s the eta looking?

materials are arriving ~3wks, 2 weeks more production and testing

2 Likes

Good news :slight_smile:

Does anyone have a dimension drawing available? I can see there is a solidworks one on github but I don’t have the software to open it. I’m printing a tray of sorts to mount all the electronics on and would like to get it done ready for it arriving.