DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

Thise changes will only affect production speed but nothing in terms of performance?

Yes, only helps me get them tested faster.

I would say 4-6 weeks. Material and production

2 Likes

I just added 2 bms to the order for my next 2 builds

3 Likes

Anyone designed a heatsink yet

1 Like

count me in !!!

Hi I signe for one like 3 week ago can you make sure it work and you can add one more I will take to thank you

1 Like

what size of silicon cable best to use for the 16pin connector? is there any tutorial on how to crimp these little pins?

thx

The balance cable drains at about 3A, so 20awg should be good.

Nothing to it, use the proper crimping tool.

There should be two steps in the crimping tool. silicon on the deeper platform, wire on the narrow one and crimp down.

I think I gave extra terminals, practice a few times and you should get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Hi did you look if when I signed it work and is ok for add 1 more Thank you so much Question just for make sure with this bms can I program it for charge the battery not to 100% like to 96% ? Thank you

I have you with 2 pcs.

I think you need to modify the firmware for that . Shouldn’t be that hard tho. (Edited: my apologies, I thought that was hard coded, it is editable)

1 Like

You can adjust the upper cell voltages limits to your needs. If you configure them lower than what the cells officially can handle you are effectively doing what you describe.

2 Likes

This is amazing thank you So like I use vt6 cell max charge is 4,20 I can set it up at 4,15 for exemple

Yessss perfect thank you

Exactly!

I also have my soft limit set to 4.15V, with correctly currents will make for a long lasting battery.

3 Likes

This is amazing bms nice job

I wish I know this bms before my 2 first building

I assume I’ll need a JST crimper to install this? Is there anything else out of the ordinary I’ll need?

Does that means my regen breaking would work with full battery (95%) too?

Yes it should

It is still possible to jump onboard for the third batch ?

1 Like

Yup just sign up at the survey sheet