DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

Just signed up first, I will just work down the list. May be some who drops out later.

It’s been a while since I filled out the form, just getting up to speed on the recent progress and I wanted to make sure I still have a spot in line @Samau18 can you verify? Thanks!

Sorry for the wait, we are starting this week. And just checked, you are on the list.

4 Likes

Hi Samau, thats great news. Could you check I am on the list also? It was a while ago I signed up!

Yup I see you there @gecko242

1 Like

Good news production has started and first board is a success

image image image image

20 Likes

Amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

What type of testing will be done this time around? Do you guys test certain ‘max’ amps for charging and discharging?

Of maybe this was the test, I don’t know :joy:

E: And @Samau18 can I get a verification that I am also on the list?

Awesome! Love the test jig, looks slick. Exciting things are happening!

That’s perfect timing :hugs:

@Samau18 can you tell me my # on the list? Do you think all boards will make it?

Haha hope so, will post the final yield asap

1 Like

Oh we don’t check the max amps, as it may damage the board. Charging, load, can bus, usb test . Danny has an internal diagnostic on the latest tools

Sam

2 Likes

A question for everyone: I’ve come to understand that the biggest potential for damage comes from charging so is there a guide out there that can show me how to limit the amount of cells that balance at a time or something like that?

Someone on here has done this before, I just can’t remember :joy:

Impressive that you build a custom tester! But for 200 PCBs it’s definitely worth it!

Super nice setup :star_struck: now I want one as well.

8 Likes

Are you involved in the process with Samau at all? Any insight youre able to give? :slight_smile:

Yes we continuously communicate on the progress, and what components to buy and I try to help with making diagnostics to test the balancing circuits and stuff. Since this batch now is larger we try to make the testing a bit more friendly as well.

18 Likes

This is such a great esk8 mutualism story, fair play to you Danny & Sam for making this work well through problems.

5 Likes

Any idea when shipping will start?

We are testing them still, invoicing and if the week. Should be able to start mailing next week.

Sam

7 Likes

Great news, hows it looking in terms of ISL stability/accuracy?