DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

Can you put me down for a second one pleas

Ok, added, thanks

You can still sign up, but really down to the last few. We are at 190/200. I would expect some yield lost. So no promises to the last few guys.

5 Likes

And I’m sure I’m not alone in being tempted to buy another, be quick if you want in :wink:

1 Like

how’s the testing on the voltage calibration going?

:slight_smile: I just asked Danny a min ago(firmware part). My hardware test can start tomorrow with a few samples ic directly from the manufacturer.

8 Likes

How did it go?

5 Likes

Ok we found that it is likely we have a bad batch of ISL ic. All of the ISL samples (10/10) direct from the manufacturer was measuring within tolerance. After consulting with Danny, we agreed it is our goal to create the absolute best product. So we have decided to get new ISL before we begin, unfortunately a little more wait (around a week).

This means there wouldn’t be a need to worried about a calibration value from v0.9 forward(this batch) we will gate this at the manufacturing end.

For previous versions, there may be a need to add a calibration value if yours starts to complaint on a voltage mismatch after the new firmware update.

Sorry for the long wait, we will push this through as soon as it arrives.

Best Regards, Sam

15 Likes

Thanks for the update Sam! You guys keep up the good work.

I’m not sure which batch I I got… I think it was your first. Is there any way you can confirm that and if there is any issue I need to address?

When you want to upgrade to the latest firmware version and the read out has a large offset, you may need to do this.

Danny is still testing it I believe.

2 Likes

Hello,

read several posts about DieBieMs since a week and I am fascinated about it. I set myself on the google list for this batch. I hope I am not to late.

When will you be requiring payment? How will you contact us? I assume email with a payment link?

When we are ready to ship, I will create Paypal invoices.

The new batch of ISL ICs are on their way. We will start when we receive them.

7 Likes

Hey @Samau18 can I possibly change my order from 2 units to 1? Also thanks for the updates! Ive been waiting for ages for this but it should be worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem

3 Likes

Hi @JTAG I’ve had some problems with configuring the DBMS from Batch 2 using v0.8 hardware and currently v.024 Firmware. I’m using the 0.24 version dbms tool to configure it. I currently am experiencing problems with it as it does not charge even after setting up correct capacity, P count and Series count. I’m also getting an error when switching on the BMS via power button

D03709B8-CAEB-4A04-A1B1-D01C3B12000A

when charging, it briefly shows the charging symbol but shuts down right after. When I try to query the status via the tool, It isn’t reading the Pack voltage and current values but reads cell info

Has anyone gotten any similar behavior? I flashed it coming from the 3.x version and can’t get it to charge but I have the Meanwell HLG 48A set to 45v output which I had it set to previously and used to charge before.

Any updates?

Yeah was going to post when I have a date. But the IC has arrived. We are queuing up for production. No date yet. I will chase the team for it and let you guys know .

7 Likes

Too late to get in on this batch?