DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

@JTAG

For me, a bms size should be of 2 ideal sizes.

1. On a single cutout deck (or just regular enclosure build) should be able to fit under 2 VESCs or a dual VESC, like the unity and dual 6.6. so about 120 x 60mm would be ideal for this

2. On a double cutout deck, it should be the same size as a 4p module. So about 74x56x22.

I’m still not sure if I know all the features DBMS has and how they work yet since I never looked at it much due to it’s price and size. Personally I don’t use discharge protection since I have a good understanding of my battery and charge with a wattage meter to monitor the overall health. If there is a bad p group, charge only bms will stop charging before hitting max V.

Here’s my list of wanted features:

• Varriable voltage cutoff

• Integrated antispark switch with precharge and a fuse cartiage that you can yank out the fuse for physical disconnection when shit goes down.

• Or just a pair of solder pad for either fuses or solding an external loop key. This might be easier.
  • UART port for external communication of individual cell voltage, SOH and SOC (connect DAVEga or other dash display or BT modules)

• integrated buck for 5V, 12V accessories

• for footprint I suggest makeing it small and modular.

• if possible make discharge protection an optional PCB / shield that you stack or place separately with a solid connection.
4 Likes

True but of course it is preferable to have something that can be replaced(like a resistor) than the pcb traces/vias.

@Samau18, would you be able to include a heatsink/ piece of aluminum that goes on top of discharge resistor?

1 Like

Not sure if I can find one that can be secure to the board safely. May move and short out the board if not done right.

Why would you need that?

Temperatures going up to 60degrees celcius(with 5 balancing cells), I reduced it to 3 to manage heat better.

Ideally, I should put a small fan, not a heat sink. A fan that runs while balancing only( I saw that option in DieBieMS_tool but unimplemented, so you are probably already working on it)

I wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

60 degrees is nothing.

Filled out the form, hopefully I’m not too late :slight_smile:

How’s it going any updates on production?

@Samau18

New boards are back, we are testing it now.

8 Likes

is there still any spare in this batch?

Yes we are still taking order

Just an update, we have some issue with the latest version hardware with the latest version of firmware. I shipped a unit to Danny to take a look. Waiting on his feedback. Sorry for the delay, Will keep you all posted.

7 Likes

1 for me please

please fill in your info at the google form at the top.

1 Like

I’m on the form. Hope to hear more soon! Awesome thing

1 Like

@Samau18 did you end up getting everything fixed?

@JTAG is still looking at the board I mailed him. Will update as soon as he replies.

8 Likes

I wounder what the issue is… I have issues with both of mine from the last group buy. Would love to get in another one as I really want this bms to work out. Just not sure if I’m messing things up or there’s a bug.

1 Like