DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

Added myself to the list. No rush, just want a working version when it’s ready.

1 Like

Pretty much all PCB manufacturers DO electrically test the boards. My guess is that the files sent to them also contained the mistake.

Okay but if that were true they surely wouldn’t have made them right? Unless they only care about the order read sale.

Hey boss there is a short in this one.

What do the files say?

They say to build them this way.

Then what’s the problem.

Um what? Yes, PCB manufacturers build whatever you send them to build. How would they know what is or isn’t a mistake? That’s kind of the idea, you WANT them to build exactly what you send them, no changes.

2 Likes

We assembled one manually to be sure.

The supplier admitted it was their mistake and is remaking them. We should have it shortly.

3 Likes

Hoping you’re still accepting since the forms still open. Just put down for 2! Few questions that I didn’t see in this thread(or they’re here and I’m blind)

-What’s the approx price for these? (or is it similar to the original Gb)

-Pre-assembled or bare boards w/ components? (doesn’t matter, I’m interested either way)

1 Like

I was surprised also they released something that’s 100% defective. They admitted it was their fault. We will be very careful before risking other components this time around.

1 Like

Did this impact batch 2? I haven’t had a chance to power mine up yet

No, we tested batch2 before shipping.

1 Like

Price is the same 120usd assembled and shipped.

1 Like

That is terrible! Which PCB house did you use so I can avoid them in the future. I have NEVER received bad PCBs before and I have been ordering them professionally and personally for 15 years.

1 Like

They did testing and admitted fault, it seems like they did the right thing.

Thanks @Samau18 for making sure these awesome BMS get into our hands in perfect working order :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup they are marked down for this incident in our vendor books.

2 Likes

Is it still available for sale? Can you post a picture of what exactly you send?

PCB manufacutrers are at the end of the production pipeline. Is a stressed out business and mistakes happens. Had two failures in a row on the same gerbers from one supplies @ work once. Third time they came back ok tho. Havnt used the supplier since.

1 Like

Should be up top. I will try to find some pics later. I am out of town at the moment.

3 Likes

Sorry I can’t see anything about availability up top… bevilacqua Thanks!

Oh I meant the picture, we are starting batch 3 should be ready to ship in a week or two.

2 Likes

So it’s too late for me to get one?