DieBieMS v0.8 2nd batch (Total 48pcs, closed)

Folks from batch one, don’t worry, your will be ready shortly. This is for batch two.

Sam

thanks, will update the list.

Intrested in one.

i’m interested as well,

100A @10V if case temperature is kept at 25ºC… Mosfet will heat up the same as VESC mosfets does…

1 Like

Yes, but the question is by how much =] Tried to ask Danny, but he hasn’t gotten back to me.

At 80A:

P = I^2 * Rds = 6400 * 0.00115Ω = 7.36W

R(theta)JA = 40ºC/W

So 7.36W * 40ºC/W = 294.4ºC increase in temperature

Not going to melt anything around…

At 30A:

P = 900 * 0.00115Ω = 1.035W

1.035W * 40ºC/W = 41ºC increase in thermals so at 25ºC it will be 66ºC

4 Likes

But wouldn’t the current be half since there are two mostfet, so the max current to each one is 40A

Following your math P = I^2 * Rds = 1600 * 0.00115Ω = 1.84W

R(theta)JA = 40ºC/W

So 1.84W * 40ºC/W =73.6ºC increase in temperature

Which is still high at 25+73.6 => 98.6 ºC. Open air cooling may really be ok.

I lost my maths many of years ago… so will still try to do some temp shooting with my newly purchased Taobao IR temp scanner. Will report back later.

2 Likes

@Samau18 is there any room left in this run for me to be put down for two?

Yes, will put you on the list.

Hey. Just wanted to ask if their are any updates yet? @Samau18 did you already ordered some parts to test or are we still in collecting interests of people? Just asking cause I really want this BMS :wink:

Yeah, I have enough people, I am starting to get the parts.

I have gotten parts for 50 pcs. So if anyone haven’t signed up, you can continue to do so before all material arrives. (in around 2-3 weeks time)

Best Regards, Sam

2 Likes

I’m interested in one, please put me on the list. Thanks!

Please add me to the list for one BMS, too. Thanks a lot.

I’ve been fooling around with a seek compact ios thermal camera to look at my battery builds and wiring jobs. It’s been awesome. I’ll post video of this bms in action when I get it.

2 Likes

That’s $10USD x 50 = 500 bucks for @JTAG, excellent! :slight_smile: A tiny reward for his vast labor. This is in addition to first run of 20?

2 Likes

Interested

Yeah is on top, still peanuts for typical cost of R&D work involved.

1 Like

Danny(jtag) replied:

“Heat will only become an issue (as far as i have seen) when charging >12A trough the diode in the charge path or when continiously discharging >70 to 80A. But that rarely happen in esk8 world”

2 Likes

Do you have any updates on the progress for the second batch? Really looking forward to playing around with this once it arrives.