DieBieMS v0.8 2nd batch (Total 48pcs, closed)

Ordered, thanks! :slight_smile:

I have the VESC tool connecting and retrieving a firmware version using USB, but I get an error about the firmware being too old (expected?) and the terminal doesn’t return anything with any command (status, cells, etc). It also doesn’t work using another serial terminal. Any ideas?

Separately, what is the pin out for the CAN bus? I looked at the schematic and have 5V, ground, CAN_L and CAN_H all connected to the VESC, what do I do with CAN_ENABLE?

You need to use normal vesc_tool and not ackmaniac version. In that case diebiems green should read after connection. Commands should start to work.

Can bus is high to high and low to low

1 Like

Can enabled, I have to double check, I think we use 5v to make it always On. Can get back to you on that.

1 Like

Oh that makes me sad

1 Like

I have commands working by building an older commit of Vedder’s vesc_tool! :slight_smile:

If any spots have become open I’ll take! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine has arrived in Germany but is being held by customs. Have to wait for a letter before I can go down to the customs office to get interrogated and hopefully they release it to me without trying to screw me around for it not having an CE marking like they did with the Carvon drives I got last.

1 Like

The German custom again. You are like the third person having problems. Did mentioned it is a replacement board, hope that it is ok.

Only thing I am worried about is them trying to pull the CE marking shit again. Knowing it is marked as a replacement board I can hopefully get it past them without having to waste too much time.

Arrived today! Very well packaged.

diebiems

Crap, this means I have to build a battery now.

2 Likes

4th Person here :wink:

Edit: @Samau18 did you include the PP invoice in the package? If not what is the € amount declared on the package?

Last update for HK post was on the 10th saying item was held by customs. Tracking from here gives me

So it’s been held for 5 days now with no update. Hopefully everything goes well.

PI included in the package @$50usd a pcs

1 Like

If anyone has a spare for sale get in touch!

1 Like

I got mine too :heart_eyes: MVIMG_20180817_031916

Mine arrived a week ago most polished e-Skate product I have seen to date. I hope @JTAG will design and release a version of VESC some day! Truly great work here.

Already did :heart_eyes:.

But it will gain some improvements soon! There is a 3 hour train ride for me later today, so a perfect moment to do some work on the DieBieMSTool ^^.

3 Likes

If there’s going to be another group buy of this, hmu. Very professionally done, both @JTAG and @Samau18

1 Like

Mine also arrived about a week ago, very impressed with all of it, start to finish. Thanks @JTAG and @Samau18

1 Like