DieBieMS v0.8 2nd batch (Total 48pcs, closed)

I’ll take 4 total

I’ll entertain the idea. You got pm

Them germans always ahead of the game

3 Likes

I still don’t know if I like them or not. Lol They are very bulky. I’ll need to make a new enclosure for this board.

You don’t know if you like the BMS? @PXSS

1 Like

The large terminals and balance connector. Theyre pretty massive. They end up making the board really tall.

I was thinking I could mount the BMS on top of my battery where the old one was but the height makes it too tall and uncomfortably low to the ground. I may get away with making a longer enclosure but if that doesn’t work I’ll have to get taller risers

Here are some pics.

1 Like

Thanks for the pics and dimensions. I am used to the Supower 10s 60A BMS which is about 53mmx115mm. I am putting it at the end of the pack so should be fine but can see how it would be difficult on 12S or shorter boards. I hope you can get it to fit!

We should not forget that this bms is for high load up to 140a. Currently it only has a 80a fuse, i just ordered some 100a too, but it can do a massive load. So it cant be too small.

We’ll see how long it can hold 100A once I bypass the fuse. If you thought Sams resistor was big wait until you see mine lol.

6 Likes

10 kW Resistor array…

13 Likes

OMG

4 Likes

WTF is that for??? I wanna see!!!

Resistance… LOL

3 Likes

…a little star trek humor, god im a geek :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The force is strong with this one lol. @deucesdown , I get it now!!! Thanks @mmaner , that’s amazing. Still, what are you doing with that bank @PXSS ?

1 Like

I have two of those.

We use them to test propulsion systems and sink the power out of our dyno. I use them specifically to test large batteries at 120+ amps. I can’t say much more than that but they make for really nice space heaters in the winter.

2 Likes

I’m thinking you can load test and form abs enclosures at the same time!

3 Likes

@Samau18 Packaging is top notch!

Also I was going to ask if this needs soldering but then I read the post above. Pretty cool tech, mainly because it seems so obvious once you see it.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey I just noticed this, but I thought these were supposed to come with a slot for a micro SD card? Why didn’t these come with that? Also, what would we need to do to install one to the PCB?

2 Likes