DieBie JTAG 12s BMS | Gauging Interest | NONPROFIT

Hello Pimousse, Would you like to try to solder it ? I would be in to group to ordering 3 PCBs from OSHpark.

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have any skills/equipment to solder SMD components.

I do. Hot air station, microscope and (soon) reflow oven.

That case, count me in ! :wink:

@fedestanco are there any progresses? A lot of weeks are gone since last post from you. Did you got all orders, did @JTAG finish with all his small changes? Do you have any information how long it will take to get the finished BMS-es? Donā€™t take me wrong, Iā€™m not impatient, just would be nice to have some information sometimes about progress. I believe most of us ā€œpre-financingā€ are all curious, and canā€™t wait to hold those masterpieces in our hands :slight_smile:

Yes I owe you an update. These days should be the very last in the testing process of @JTAG . Believe me, given the fact that the latest GBs in this forum failed miserably, I want to feed you guys with some pcbs pictures as soon as possible. If it was for me, I would already sent the design to the pcb factory, which btw has already been paid.

Components update: In the newest BOM some components have been removed, some others have been added. The cost shouldnt vary much. I am also trying a cheap fuse to include with the bmss, since ,as I told you, littlefuse is out of budjet.

I am also trying to understand chinese taxation regarding incoming goods. If there is any I may switch plans and buy some stuff in China (still original).

Any further questions please ask.

Wow, that was a quick answer :slight_smile: So what you think, when do the PCB plans go to the factory?

The same day jtag will post an update on the new version. As I said the factory has been paid so the production can start right away.

iā€™m looking forward to these. Like really, really looking forward to these.

Hopefully theyā€™ll be absolutely perfect and solve all of my problems, or else iā€™ll have to cry like a baby on the forums and demand a full refund and when i donā€™t get it make death threats until i get banned and cry some more on other social media sites, you know, like an adult.

6 Likes

@longhairedboy man Iā€™m laughing only with reading your post :slight_smile: Sorry for that, but I saw your works and webpage, I just imagined you crying like a baby :smiley:

1 Like

one of my many roles in the community is to keep things entertaining. I appreciate your appreciation.

4 Likes

hahaha! thanks for the humor

@JTAG your DieBieMS is a super BMS. Iā€™ve never seen anything so complex and well made before. Do you know when your plans are ready for production, so we (the average users) can have fun with our boards built around them?

1 Like

Thanks for the complement. I really hope it will meet everyones expectations :flushed: !

I finally had the time to evaluate my latest design ( V0.4 ) and found a very minor mistake (wrong valued resistor), this is now fixed in the latest design ( V0.5 , will push it to Github within an hour ).

I am really exited to see this design being semi mass produced :heart_eyes:.

6 Likes

Super

This means we are looking forward to test them :slight_smile:

I personally have no plans to start producing them (I am only producing them for personal/friends use). I just wanted to share the design to help others. Everyone is free to produce them themselves if they want.

Maybe if the popularity increases and the design/firmware is fully matured others might start producing and selling them.

2 Likes

I am happy that the only bug was minor and already solved. Tomorrow will send the files to the factory so maybe next week pcbs will be ready to be assembled.

I suggest you to put a Creative Commons non commercial license on the files. The last thing I want is this beautiful design to be produced with low quality standards and sold by random chinese.

4 Likes

I would suggest the same, but as we know, in China it doesnā€™t matter at all if something is licensed :frowning:

@fedestanco how is everything going? Did the factory start producing our so strongly waited BMS-es?

Yes. Starting from yesterday. I asked for an extimate shipping time for the pcbs and we are looking at 7 working days. This is because I requested the top stuff like gold immersion and 2 oz copper.

BOM on the other hand is quite a pain in the ass: I decided to sort the most expensive stuff directly in China because there is a real risk on paying export tax sending a heavy package with a courier.

I am working hard to find original components directly in China. My leadtime prediction still stands: we will receive the stuff 2 weeks after all the components are gathered. Any question please ask.

2 Likes