DieBie JTAG 12s BMS | Gauging Interest | NONPROFIT

@Brad the mod, which will be assembled and tested by @JTAG in the next days, adds just 2 small components so the dimensions are not affected much (if at all)

@longjohn hope that too

1 Like

Since these are custom design rather than mass produced I’m happy for design considerations to come before hasty production. @fedestanco and @JTAG thanks

I just received the tracking number of the latest PCB’s, they expect to deliver them tomorrow. Ill do my best to assemble and verify them this weekend.

@Brad The outline and mounting holes did not change, I did remote the holes for the OLED display. I will add/update the .step 3D file on github and report back when I did.

1 Like

Updated and on Github!

6 Likes

This looks damn sweet ! Impressive github share : even the pick and place files !! I wish I had such a machine ! Thank you very much !

I want to order a set of PCB’s off OSH Park, but the Altium drill file isn’t playing nice.

@JTAG - Since I don’t have access to Altium, do you mind generating a set of gerbers according to this spec?

Thanks man!

http://docs.oshpark.com/design-tools/altium-designer/drill-files/ http://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/NC+Drill+Output+Options#

2 Likes

Does that mean we’ll see them soon? squeeeeeee

1 Like

Hi @akhlut, the gerbers I normally generate and send to the manufacturer are in the format I placed on github. I will generate new files with the suggested format required by OSH Park (they are indeed different than I generate). Give me a moment and Ill add them to Github.

1 Like

YES! But those are the PCB’s I ordered to verify my latest updates :blush:.

1 Like

And thank you for open sourcing this. The world needed this.

1 Like

Also i found a problem with your balance traces and fixed them. I hope you don’t mind uploading these changes immediately.

13 Likes

Took me a minute to understand the joke. Excellent !!!

I changed it a little to meet my desires:

12 Likes

It eats it now xD.

If you look for a regular PCB manufacturer and only want a single PCB you can go cheaper:

2 Likes

LOL what’s funny about that is i know Shorthairedgirl. Longhairedboy was actually a sarcastic response to her blog’s domain name. I dated her for quite a while and recently she gave me permission to use that name in conjunction with a lower powered board for introducing people to esk8s and getting them hooked. So on a number of levels, this is both hilarious and spooky.

6 Likes

@JTAG you, sir, are awesome!

@fedestanco Are ordering done or are you waiting for more changes and able to add one more? :slight_smile:

I already ordered some parts so it’d be quite a mess to add partecipants now.

@fedestanco alright, I’ll join if there will be another group buy in the future :slight_smile:

Hi ! Thank you very much for taking care of the production of this great project. I’m in for the next batch as well. :wink: