DieBie JTAG 12s BMS | Gauging Interest | NONPROFIT

Have you tried https://www.pcbway.com ? I think the assemble might be cheaper, im not sure.

Iā€™ve sent payment. Thank you again for all your work !

1 Like

Can you check please and tell me the prices? I am open to all the options.

Btw the most expensive part of the production is the assembly because it is carried out by ipc certified pick and place machines and it is not done by hand.

I canā€™t guarantee for any of you, but I can confirm that heā€™s done some pretty successful group buys, providing assistance even after the delivery of the items. Heā€™s a good guy from what Iā€™ve seen :slight_smile:

1 Like

How many layers are the BMS?

2 oz, gold immersion, 4 layers. And I also asked for rohs compliant materials.

For 20 PCBs PCB Cost: US $ 91 Assembly Service Cost: US $ 440 **Shipping:**US $ 24 Total: US $ 555

So, 1 PCB Assembled cost 555/20 = 27.5 USD + Components that might cost around 50 USD? That will be 77.5USD.

Btw you will receive them after 1 week or before.

The price is indeed similar, maybe a bit higher after tax. Would you mind asking also a quote for the BOM? Having all done by 1 factory would definitely be easier.

And the most important thing: is the assembly cost referring to automatic or hand soldering?

Sure!

UPDATE. Received payments for 10 bmss. I hope to see the another 10 payments in the upcoming week considering 25 people filled the form :slight_smile: .

Hi, have you had a quotation back?

Btw I just read the last part of your message: no way the BOM is only 50ā‚¬. At the very least, soucing parts from the cheapest resellers it comes down to 65ā‚¬; really, check it out.

I think the pcbway is too expensive for quantities like 20.

I agree on that. The price point I am at is 85ā‚¬ (100ā‚¬ with vat, which is a real thing even for small quantities http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/raphael-chang-bms-and-esc/8952/321?u=fedestanco) and I truly believe it is not quite possible to go lower without loosing quality. For instance at this price point we could make vesc 4.12 for about 65ā‚¬.

1 Like

FWIW I did upload the BOM to Element14 (Farnell) and it came out to what would be equivalent to 100euro (single order). That wasnā€™t including some components, and no PCB or assembly. The supplier youā€™ve found seems pretty good :+1:.

Interesting the bolt on connectors seemed to be one of the more expensive components. Guess you could do a cheaper build without some of them, but I quite like the idea of being able to bolt on (instead of solder) live wires.

Little update: 9 BMSs left to pay.

You said 25 BMS-s where pre-ordered. I really hope the missing 9 pcs will be payed ASAP. Would be a shame to quit such a good looking, probably well function BMS.

Actually 25 responses, which translates into 35 bmss booked. Probably some people still arent aware that I am collecting payments.

Btw one more has been paid: 8 to go.

Slowly but surely :cold_sweat:

Maybe we should write them all e-mails. (I meen all people who payed should write to all who didnā€™t).with a writing like:

ā€œfedestanco at esk8 started collecting money for the DieBieMS, try to not be cut off from such a cool BMSā€

nothing more, just that they see a lot of mails going into their mailbox :slight_smile:

its not too late is it? i just signed up. I need these badly. Not in an immediate sense, but more in a long term i need a reliable and more feature rich BMS that does all of these things.

1 Like