DieBie JTAG 12s BMS | Gauging Interest | NONPROFIT

Are there any more of the ones made so far that haven’t been claimed? I wouldn’t mind trying a few out.

I would follow @JTAG’s suggestion and let me install these bolts for you.

@evoheyax no boards left, sorry.

1 Like

How did you manage your exams? I hope you had enough time to prepare.

How much are these BMS shipped to NJ in the States?

So from what I can understand reading through this thread is that it is possible to change the config for this to work with something lower than 12s? Can I change this to work with a 6s battery?

I wish I would have been able to get in this GB earlier, Is it still closed or does anyone have and extra one to sell to the US? Thanks

Exams went well. @JTAG and I are finding a way to keep programming at the minumum level for you. Also a User Interface is in the to-do list.

The offers still stands: if you dont need programming, I will ship the next day.

I measured the weight of 1x(bms, cables and packaging) and it is 150g.

So the shipping options are: Slow untracked (used it 40 times and never failed): PRICES FOR 1 OR 2 BMSS EUROPE 5,20€ 6€ AMERICA 8,10€ 8,5€ AUSTRALIA 10,1€ 12€

Slow tracked: EU 11,8. 13,2 AM 15,3. 17,3 AU 16,7. 22,2

Fast tracked (UPS) Most EUROPE 16 AMERICA : 26 AUSTRALIA: 49

And please add some pennies for packaging.

didn’t realize the terminals were pressed fit. I can wait.

Should i shoot you the cash for shipping now or what?

How do we pay for shipping? Is shipping to canada same as america (im asuming you’re calling USA “america”)?

America is meant as continent so mexico,usa, canada…

Payment method is preferrably paypal. If you want it shipped the same day just add the note: no programming needed.

How much is one BMS? How long does it take until users are programme the voltage themselves?

Also, what’s the time difference between the fast and slow tracked? I’m about to send the money, just want to make sure what’s what.

Fast is UPS so basically 3-4 days. Slow should be a couple weeks to canada.

Perfect, money sent!

They were probably referring to Uruguay

1 Like

Hey smartypants, North America and South America are continents, America is not. Hence my assumption that he was referring to USA.

I just saw these updates. Does fast tracked with UPS have any insurance?

So are their still units available or not?

Hi guys, I took some time to read through the firmware to figure out a way to deliver already programmed bmss to you. Even as a software newbie I found the code very readable and well explained. For example this is the part of code where the battery configuration can be written:

The problem for now is that if you want to write your custom values (changing the blue numbers), is not like in the VESC TOOL where you just click the button “write configuration”. Instead, you need a software that rewrites the whole firmware into one hex file. And this software is quite expensive http://www2.keil.com/mdk5 . Obviously there will soon be a fool-proof program for us to write custom configurations.

To get your boards to you asap, I have decided to upload to the bmss a “voltage-based firmware”. To do so I need to know your battery cell number (10s/12s…). This firmware will allow you to have a functional bms without the fancy custom features like max current,highest cell voltage…(see pic above)- these fancy features will be set standard to any bms, and you will eventually change them when a User Interface will be available.

My battery cell number will be in 12 series.

Furthermore, an LCD battery meter is already implemented in the firmware. It is based on the measured amp-hour comsumption (so it has to be set custom to your battery); I believe most people have similar sized battery (10s4p is around 10amp-hour). For this reason all the firmwares will be set accordingly to a 10amp-hour battery. This means that if your battery is about such size, the LCD indication will be quite realistic; if you have a 700wh battery (@longhairedboy) you may want to stick with the ebay voltage meters.

Just to see if my guess is correct, HOW BIG IS YOUR BATTERY? [poll type=regular]

• 7,5 amp-hour (10s3p samsung 25r)
  • 10 amp-hour (10s4p)
  • 12,5 amp-hour (10s5p)
  • 15 amp-hour (10s6p) [/poll]
1 Like