Did my motor just die?

time to call the cops and put in a noise complaint

Ok lets bring this back to life. Just had time to crack open the can to take a look…anything seem odd? If you look at the stator there is some hard goo… Could be epoxy for the sensor wires?? Or is that not normal… Also discoloration on that particular arm of winding (not sure the correct terms) inside of can…all.magnets seem fine although there appears to be some of the surface might have had minor friction of some.sort.

0222191452 0222191453 0222191453a 0222191453b 0222191453c 0222191454

Also look at the solder job on the pcb of the green wire… All other 4 look.similar where as that one looks.like it melted or something?

That is just a tail that hasn’t been snipped by the looks of it. I don’t know if its the pic quality but it looks like there is wear on the magnets and what is the dust in there? All the bearings are good with no play?

yes to wear on magnets… but nothing fell out as far as debris… i assume dust but cant tell… bearings seemed fine…

Sealed can maytechs? No danger of something getting in there and causing restriction then burn out then. That discolouration on the windings is suss too. You might just have to put that down to failure and strip it for parts.

yeah imma write maytech and see… as i got this straight from them and its been under a year… but we’ll see…

1 Like

The fact its been stripped down may cause an issue. Open the communication with no mention of investigation bar electronically testing and let them suggest you take it apart. Hopefully they won’t just tell you to return it and will ask you to do the strip down. Good luck man

to late…hahaha

its ok… some one local has a couple of TB for 70 a pop so will end up picking those up anyways while i figure this out :wink:

1 Like