Did Jason from diyeboard scam me?

Same thing happened with me. They said they will ask the vendor to give back the money or they’ll have their account flagged but I haven’t heard anything yet.

I think PayPal just tried to be ambiguous to calm their customer without doing s$1t

My question, if we know diyed is scamming, as a community why arent we trying to shut them down so it can’t happen again?

3 Likes

Its China, good luck with that

3 Likes

We just need a warning when you first sign up for the fourm to stay the f*** away from them.

1 Like

8 Likes

The majority of people that buy from them probably never read that and even then the cheap price is always a pro that outways every con to them.

2 Likes

I was just answering your question, I don’t require that you like the answer so arguing with me about it is a wasted effort.

Those people should be doing their research.

If its to good of a deal to be true, then it probably is.

2 Likes

Sorry man didnt mean to argue, ur right im wrong im gonna stop my self here.

I wasnt trying to argue just putting a point out sorry man.

d161bfe8008aeb03068358c328d2dbbcc4c6399f_1_690x388

everything you see here (apart from decks and shredder trucks) came from diyeboard. 5x seperate orders over time, no last minute changes or requests, just picked what I wanted, paid with PayPal sat back and waited. 2 - 4 weeks later each time the stuff arrives with no issue. Tracking numbers supplied each time, sales confirmation emails received each time.

I hear and read lots of negativity about this site, and there does seem to be a witch hunt against Jason for one reason or another, but I honestly don’t see what the issue is. These two boards are unashamedly budget affairs, build to serve as an introduction to esk8 for my son and his mate, but everything works as described and nobody ‘stole’ any money from me.

The internet is great for reviews, and the people who have bad experiences always type the loudest, but I’m all for balance and fairness. In this instance I feel it necessary to explain that diyeboard is NOT a scammer site, and DOES supply goods and services as described. I’m sure there are some customers who’ve had a mix up with their orders, or some who have had stuff break, or some who’ve changed their order after placing and paying for it only to suffer delays whilst it gets sorted or refunded… but that is the same for any company at any price point.

I don’t expect these boards to last forever, nor break any records, but for $400 or so each they represent good value (for what they are). Light use only, beginner/learner boards.

4 Likes

The funny thing is that if you send him an email from another account asking something about products, he will reply instantly

Wait a second…

I’m glad you didn’t have any issues with this vendor, but that doesn’t prove that he is not a scammer. Even alextech probably had customers that received their stuff and were happy. Was he not a scammer?

What’s even more important though is how this Jason handles customers when or if there are issues, and when running a business, there WILL be issues, no exceptions to this fact. Even the trusted and most liked vendors will eventually run into some sort of issues with customers. It’s part of running a business that deals with selling products.

But, what separates Jason from most other vendors is that when he had an issue with a customer, he went on to this forum and posted name, address and all credit card details of the cc owner (who, according to Jason, wasn’t even the buyer himself, as the buyer had used his wife’s (or relatives) cc) !

I don’t care how many happy customers there are. Handling happy customers is not a challenge. It’s how you handle the unhappy customers that tells you a thing or two about how you run your business, if you’re trustworthy or not.

3 Likes

I realize there are products out there delivered by diyeboard. This doesn’t change the fact that I have no product and no refund. Multiple attempts to contact him he simply ignores me. Then when I contact using different email suddenly a reply, then when he gets my order number he ignores. It’s sad that he does that, very dishonourable and terrible person. To all those who have received products good for you, just know that there is a gamble involved- next time you order you could get totally screwed.

OK some fair point(s) there. Perhaps I should have written that the site ‘per sey’ is not a scammer site in that it is a genuine website - that’s what I meant by that statement. I had heard about the credit card postings etc, but not being privvy to exact details of how that came about I can’t comment. I’m not trying to ‘prove’ anything… but I have read a lot of the complaints about this company and in my experience there’s usually more to a story than meets the eye. Certainly some cases have been interesting to read between the lines where it’s likely that the customer was as fault too, or had unreasonably great expectations (this is not a reference to ANY person on this thread - just a general statement).

My post was to say that, like most things, you really only ever hear about the negatives. And an angry person tends to over inflate the problems they had (again this is a general point and NOT aimed at any individual on here or elsewhere). I’m an online retailer and deal with the public on a daily basis so don’t need a lesson in that. Sometimes problems arise now and then and I sort them out on the spot. Some are beyond my control and the customer gets angry (sometimes justified, other times unfairly). There just seems to be practice these days of labelling every seller who either 1) makes a mistake or 2) has mistakes made on their behalf by a courier, as a scammer. It’s lazy language and usually problems are all too easy to fix internally or with the help of your Payment Provider.

I don’t understand the refund issues. You can only pay for stuff with a Credit Card or PayPal, and both services protect the buyer from being ‘scammed’. If the stuff doesn’t turn up and the seller disputes this, you just open a Case. If the seller can’t prove the items were delivered you get a refund. Sometimes a shipment leaves the warehouse before a customer cancels or changes an order. Why then should they get a refund at all. They would then have to send the stuff back as a return surely ? All I’m saying is that there’s no reason why you should lose money for non delivered items if you can prove they never arrived.

Shoddy merchandise is another matter. Difficult to get your money back from China if the stuff breaks over here. You get what you pay for in that sector and in the case of diyeboard parts buyers are (or should be) aware that the stuff isn’t the best or most durable. It’s gonna break, so if you can’t afford to lose money on broken parts, avoid cheap chinese vendors.

That’s another problem for esk8 in that it’s an expensive hobby, often persued by younger people who don’t have much spare cash. Blowing $800 on a skateboard for them might be the biggest single luxury purchase they make all year, and it sucks badly when that budget board breaks. $800 is nowhere near enough to build a (brand new) esk8 that’s going to last and hold up to the abuse it’ll receive. Managing expectations is key here too.

1 Like

Bad business is bad business, one time out of a thousand or out of ten. It’s the same to me, we experience delays in shipping or building batteries. The most important thing is communication with the customer. Anyone who has been in DIY esk8 for longer than 6-month knows patience is a necessity. Things have gotten better since I started a few years ago. I still have nightmares of a certain vendors email based support? WTF, yea that’s two weeks of my life ill never get back… Stand your ground, report the facts and PP will do their job in the purchase protection portion of their extortion fee.

O, PayPal so cleverly positioned …

3 Likes

And this is why you’re the only one who I’ll ever buy batteries from :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ll be pming you in a few months :joy::joy:

1 Like

Every seller is legit…until he decides to scam people. We have had several “trusted” members here that run out with the cash.

I thought there was a no vendor bashing rule.

1 Like

Diyeboard has been banned from the forum for exposing personal info of their customers. Credit cards for example. I don’t think that rule applies here.

1 Like

A rule must be applied in all cases. If we start accepting exceptions and create loopholes then it is useless.

I have no interest in protecting diyeboard’s interests or anyone else’s for that matter.

According to the no bashing rule, we are free to state our experience with a vendor while sticking to the facts. Nothing more.

I believe most people in this forum are more than capable of making up their own minds as to whether a vendor is reliable or not.

Experiences good or bad should be documented, this is more than enough to inform other people without the unnecessary drama.

A good vendor has no need from anyone, member or moderator to defend him (as it happens from time to time) since the good experiences will win over the bad ones.

The same goes with a bad vendor, if 20 people have a bad experience with a vendor vs 3 people that had a good experience, that should be enough for someone to make up his own mind if he wants to deal with that particular vendor.

I do not like vendors being treated with a double standard and unfortunately this happens from time to time.

1 Like

I almost agree. In my opinion this forum lacks rules and there’s no respect at all. My experience with diyeboard has been flawless and i have nothing to complain about yet … Exposing credit cards info is plain illegal that guy can’t be trusted. That’s a fact. Several members have lost hundreds of dollars buying there. That’s also a fact. I think warning about this behaviour is not bashing a vendor but saving members of this forum from a disaster. I have seen people asking for the complaint form because the ice cream was too cold. There’s no way to please every customer so no bashing vendors is a good rule but imo It does not apply here. There is a REAL shady behaviour in that site.

3 Likes