Did Jason from diyeboard scam me?

Yeah pm me please Thanks btw

Those racestars are pretty decent, regularly replaced for Evolve motors by prebuild riders with good results. Flipskyā€™s on the other hand are not good.

1 Like

My friend uses Flipsky motors and he said they are flawless but Iā€™m concernet about the sizeā€¦ These ones are 5044 and only around 1100Wā€¦ We usually use 63-- motors Iā€™m scared that they would burn out

Yep DIYeboard and Jason are shady. I would not recommend them in any way and yeah I think they should be banned from this forum. Screwed me over as well. There are countless numbers of people who have been treated poorly by this dude. Just my 2 cents worth.

1 Like

Get the racerstar 140kv 5065 motors from banggood, those are pretty decent considering their price. Theyā€™re the same motor Evole uses, except they have them wound at 150kv. I would not get the 200kv version because you can always reduce the number of teeth on the wheel pulley if needed. Itā€™s hard to go the other way, though. Plus 140kv wonā€™t overshoot your erpm limits on your controller.

Seems like you havenā€™t learned your lesson. Stop buying the cheap stuff or at least research the parts you are about to buy. The flipsky motors have well documented issues. The reseller offers similar warranty as diyeboard, send the items back to Shenzhen if it breaksā€¦or get offered 40 %off on your next purchase, etc.

2 Likes

Buy cheap buy twice

8 Likes

But also sometimes you buy expensive and you buy twiceā€¦ Thereā€™s definitely some parts out there being sold for twice what theyā€™re worth. I for one learned that the hard way.

Anyone up for making a instructional video of good DIY Habits?

Video 1: Donā€™t buy Cheap Things

1 Like

A good use of the search buttons equals getting a good shopping list for parts. Hobbyking motors are cheap but relatively reliable compared to some other brands, including much more expensive sealed motors sold by trusted resellers.

2 Likes

I bought extra vesc extra controllers. Still broke a bunch of stuff :rofl:

1 Like

I agree that buy cheap buy twice. But racestar 5065 are actually good. If you want 63xx size motors then your going to have to buy something reputable for twice the price.

2 Likes

I have a set of racerstar 5065 200kv and 5045 200kv and I have not had any problems with them. Buy the 5065 because 5045 does not take heat that well.

1 Like

you have no option to use anything other than paypal balance, that alone set of alarm bells for meā€¦ that said Iā€™ve had no problems with them other than a broken trucks and 1 really crappy motor the shaft was loose

1 Like

Yeah but I want to get 5045 because they would fit this mounts and trucksā€¦ But if they are not worth it I wonā€™t

Also, later when i get more money I would get original caliber trucks and other mountsā€¦ I just want to ride again thatā€™s why I was looking at racerstar 5054ā€™s

And what do you think about this mounts?

1 Like
1 Like

I use the 5045 on caliber trucks too. I have not put the 5045 to hill test yet. I had the 5065 on back and front set up and it was great. It went up very 19grade hills without any problem.

Make sure your motor mounts take the racerstar motors. They are not the normal 50 and 63mm motor hole patterns. I have to made my own motor mounts. Racerstar motors does not fit dickyho mount.

1 Like

I took some meassurements and with what they have on the site, the holes are spaced equal to the other 50-- motors i haveā€¦

Maybe the 63-- motors have different holes

But If they are ok then Iā€™ll use them on this mounts and trucks and later I would upgrade to better stuff with same motors

They are good stuff, well priced