Did I just brick my Focbox? Heeelllppppp!

Well looks like either ur bootloader was overwritten / flashing firmware failed because of lost connection or etc lost byte and etc.

Definitely something went wrong. However it was not during the firmware upgrade which was successful for both vesc. After the firmware upgrade I proceeded with the motor and connection wizards and everything was working perfectly.

Oh sorry as I skimemd i thought u flashed and it bricked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is doing the read settings flashing firmware ? :man_shrugging:t4: You got me confused af.

I have issue with metr as well. mine is vesc6, everything was working until i used one of the modes in metr. Both vesc was acting weirdly. I just re-flash my vescs and everything is working again.

I did emailed @rpasichnyk regarding this issue, he suggested not to use the modes features until he find the solution. and this was somewhere around 3 weeks ago.

2 Likes

Mine after flashing the modes was stuttering when starting

1 Like

yeahā€¦i had those as well

1 Like

actually redoing the settings directly through the metr fixes the issue, for some reason it seems like adding the metr after settings are added manually thru focbox directly causes the module to load itā€™s own incorrect settings, but changing the settings through the module itself seems to working great so farā€¦

i know it may not make much sense, but itā€™s worked fine for me so far, and iā€™ve ridden 25~ milesā€¦

1 Like

It doesnā€™t, tried that countless times.

image image

The metr shows connected, but it doesnā€™t allow you to make changes to the master when itā€™s in ā€œblueā€ light mode only.

Same thing here.

I am willing to help with this bricking issue, please get logs from Settings -> Show Logs (send to [email protected])

I also have 2 pieces ST-Link V2 that I can send from Sweden if you think you can help me reproduce the problem.

Email with log file sent.

1 Like

I think I might have did the app reset. Either way I sent whatever information was there.

@taz Have you tried this? Remove the plastic cover of the FOCBOX and check the points of the USB port, clean it up. Connect it to the PC/MAC using MicroUSB cable and let us know if you are able to get connection detection

Itā€™s also not connecting to Bluetooth. So I would assume itā€™s not the port which is broken. Or can a dirty port influence the connectivity with the Bluetooth module too?

2 Likes

Correct. Itā€™s not the USB.

2 Likes

The problem is not the USB port because then the metr pro module would still work.

1 Like

@taz Sometimeā€™s when there is an error or any short part on the PCB of the FOCBOX, the settings get reset. So the best way to ensure that is to connect it using USB. I think bluetooth settings are reset. It happens many times.