Dickyho 5M 36T / 40T flywheel pulleys on ebay

Just to be clear, these pulleys won’t fit caliber ii trucks without filing?

I don’t think they fit Caliber2 trucks at all. They will fit Torqueboards 218 trucks which are similar but with longer axles

1 Like

Hi @dickyho. Did you ever make some 40 tooth pulleys for kegel pattern wheels? They’d be pretty popular now with the Boa wheels…

2 Likes

I plan to make that later…

1 Like

Do you have a kegel wheel to work with? You could always use the models from thingiverse for kegel pulleys?

No, still don’t have kegel wheel to work with. dose his model accuracy?

I can send you an enertion wheel with the same pattern if you need the wheel? Just send me some pulleys back…

Thanks, but someone already sending me the wheel…

2 Likes

to fit with caliber trucks, someone told me to make the wheel pulley like this, and I am thinking to do that, what do you think? 333

1 Like

This should work. Although is there a bearing that is 22x8x11mm wide?

I have normal 7mm high 608 bearing, and 10mm high 608 bearing, and 14mm high 608 bearings.

I did tested, the best way to install wheel pulley, is to share a bearing between pulley and the wheel.

1 Like

I think it’s also better when they are inserts and don’t have bolts going into the wheel

for appearance cause, or…?

The bolts pull on the alignment. The alignment should only be from the bearings on the axle.

Also you can change wheels without disassembly, but that’s less important.

2 Likes

This is how I modified my pulley to work with an 11mm wide shared-bearing (I used a 25mm step drill bit).

Hi @dickyho I would just change the 4mm to 7mm so you can still fit one standard bearing in there and then it would be perfect!

But then it might not work on standard caliber axle due to only 37mm lenght available

Then just don’t run the pulley bearing if you need the width. Or I think as dickho suggest you run one 10mm wide bearing that is shared between the wheel and bearing. So only 3mm extends into the pulley.

Ohh maybe I see what your saying, @dickyho what is the total width of the pulley? And the smaller bit labeled B.

Why not bolt on + alignment pins? The Kegel wheel has 10 holes (5 pins 5 threads). There are a lot of Abec options which are bolt on and still work. I’ve got a relatively accurate model of the Kegel wheel.

The amount of filing needed on the caliber trucks to get the wheel pulley to fit is sooooo minimal. It literally takes 5 minutes to do. I’m not sure why people are complaining. The idea of having integrated support bearings is a much better feature to have in my opinion.

2 Likes