Decks...To flex or not to flex wouldn't that be nice

No work if you just buy their decks instead of making it :laughing:

1 Like

When the Muscle Wire® is in its martensitic form, it can be formed and bent into different shapes. However, when an electrical current of ~1.5A is applied to the wire, or is heated to ~100C it reverts to austenite form and recovers its previous shape with great force. $1.95

I thought you were haven a lend there for a sec lol

@mars, what?

1 Like

I thought you were kidding…joking :joy:

nope lol… its really cool stuff, i have often wondered, but never tried it

1 Like

$807.44 Aussie…+ freight

Unless @pat.speed can find a solution to the variety of different wheel base options that it would need to be capable of fitting.

Were still running with @AreaKruzer i think having a board with changeable beams of varied flexibility will be the easier way out. :gift:

To Hard…To Expensive…Why Bother?

yes. but nitinol wire itself is not cheap, a flat bar made of it will probably cost alot.

In our search to own the ultimate deck aka @Hummie group buy 3… or the renowned Red Ember Boards ect…cavities running the length of the deck could be incorporated into making?. Torsion rods either inserted or not would provide the adjustment capability.

Probably split the deck?

Aesthetically pleasing… functional… more cost for sure but less than having another deck.

But something that could be used for all existing decks…much more saleable…trying to cover design production costs…the profits obviously going to worthy charities like our Christmas party or something…lol

Well coming back to it, it wouldn’t matter the wheel bas as it is a two piece system. One on each truck, that way it can just extend as much as it needs to until reaching the other piece which it becomes coupled to.

That would allow various wheel bases.

1 Like

hence why i havent done it yet lol

apparently it works with a unicorn but not a dinosaur.

Before trying all the futuristic solutions, why don’t you run with the proven formula. Put a string (or bunch) under the deck at an offset. Pretension. Go ride. (need to figure out the details: go around the enclosure, how to pretension, small stuff…)

Works for bridges and guitars, no reason not to work here.

1 Like

Hi there @danile…my first thoughts…it would be a hell of a lot going on under the deck.

Lots of bits to connect and stay connected. Don’t want anything getting loose and caught.

The concept is good I think.

though it sounds good on paper. having a wire on tension is a risk as it might snap during ride after some usage.

Well, it is an idea, like everything else in this thread, but it is a doable one. If you really want it I mean :slight_smile:

For sure @danile thanks for your input.

It would be good to try keep it simple and relatively inexpensive. :grinning:

his idea isnt very costly, but if you have a broken wire in midst of a ride, you wouldnt be able to replace the wire unless you have a spare always with you. and wire will definitely either snap or stretch in the long run, i dont suggest going that way also.

1 Like

I struggle to tune my guitar these days it’s a tuner or nothing.

Still yours :gift:

Yes it would need to be in tune and nothing random about it. It wouldn’t stay in tune long.

if there is multiple wires to tune, you probably need to use a guitar tuner to “tune” your wire’s tension for a more uniform tension on each of the wires.

How about another deck basically…split into two halves.

Complete with grip tape and a fastening devices or clips.

It slides on from the sides…overlapping underneath down the rails. it’s not adjustable but it allows you to go a none or little flex deck.

More complex more expense… To Hard…To Expensive…Why Bother when we have… @AreaKruzer I think having a board with changeable beams of varied flexibility will be the easier way out." :gift: