DB freeride 38 10s4p 30q, Dual 6355 190kv, dual vesc Build

Where did you get the belt and pulley covers?

The truck that is posted above is from diyeboard.com

Connectors and bluetooth module arrived from eskating today! Hardware parts will arrive tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m curious why you made the change to vesc speed controllers over diyeboardā€™s esc and the 6355 motors over the diyeboard dual motors. Are just looking for more power or did the diyeboard perform poorly/have issues?

Well I always wanted a board that has performance that is top of the line so i changed my mind and decided that this is going to be that board.

I still have a board with diyeboard components that I use often, itā€™s a great board! The speed controller on the diyeboard is great imo.

I highly recommend the diyeboard kits, they are great and very reliable.

1 Like

Was setting the ppm today and noticed that it stutters in the display on acceleration. Any idea why?

Could just be the tool lagging.

Parts arrived today! :smiley:

5 Likes

Dude! The adventsljusstake is still out?!

1 Like

I know itā€™s simple but is your remote charged?

Tried the kit today! Holy shitā€¦ it has power. A bit unsure of the deck choiceā€¦ its hard when you get wheelies on acceleration haha.

Max battery amps was 78A! Starting from a standstil.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cool! Whatā€™s your battery and motor max?

I have the same deck but looking for a new one find it bit heavy ā€¦ This build is sick tho

Nearly every topmount kicktail deck will wheelie (or manual in skateboard jargon) with that drivetrain. I have a dual raptor 1, which is a similar set up. I just keep my weight on my front foot on hard acceleration and my back foot on hard braking. A bigger wheel pulleys will reduce the wheelies if it really bothers you.

Battery max 40A Motormax 80A

On each vesc.

1 Like

Yes i just orderd another one, cuz i couldnt get a good seal with the enclosure. The wheel arches were too close together.

Got the DB freeride longboard 38 inch on sale today!

2 Likes

Ya Iā€™d the same problem had to move the trucks holes back and cnc out the wheel wells further to fit the enclosure Iā€™m using

Everyone said the torqueboard vesc was a high risk, well they was right. I got the drv error even tough i done nothing wrong! I follow their instructions to the letter, when i was about to do motor detection nothing happendā€¦ typed faults i terminal, there it wasā€¦ the drv issue.

No mark on the drv chip and i only did the setup in BLDC. Well see what Torqueboards () says, but at the moment i have a hard time recommending their vesc. The maytech i used for over a year is still going strong and i had no issues setting it up with the same settings.

2 Likes

Little update! So i have recived the deck and new vescs from eskating. Only thing im waiting for now is the new maytech 2 remote.

I decided to ditch the canbus, i will use split ppm to be on the safe side! (Think canbus burnt the drvā€¦)

The new deck!

Added 10 nut inserts to hold the enclosure. Installed enclosure! Installed the griptape , starting to look finished!

Decided to ditch the sensors since it seems like i have a bad motor temp cable, got a fault code in the vesc tool (Over temp motor) so i couldnā€™t run detection with sensors attached on one vesc. Will be sensorless for now and if i feel the start up is a big issue i will probably find a solution to fix the broken cable.

I will start with these settings and increase them after a while if i feel a need for more power. Each vesc. Motor max : 60A Motor min: -50A Battery max: 30A Battery min -8A Startup boost: 0.05 Max current ramp step = 0.04 Min Erpm: -100,000 Max Erpm : 100,000 (will never reach this with 190kv so i left it stock)

3 Likes

So the 190kv will never reach its ermp? Can you explain, Iā€™m still confused the the ermp part. I set my ermp to 60,000 since I keep seeing people on here doing that. Iā€™m running a single 6374 190kv form diyelectricskateboard