Davega LRdesigns SLA printed case : 👨‍🔬

me watching @lrdesigns hoping he makes a remix for the proton case like:

2 Likes

Use MG Chemicals Silicone Modified Conformal Coating in the 55ml brush-on bottle. Hot glue sucks for waterproofing. It cracks and breaks away, allowing a crack for water ingress. Hot glue is good for some things but waterproofing isn’t one of them.

1 Like

You have a vertical version, instead horizontal?

Not currently. I would just need to redo the lower half.

1 Like

I paid for the case - when can you ship?

Sorry I thought I was in PM. I friggen noobed it.

1 Like

Haha. :smile:

Lets go ride sometime dude. This enclosure is awesome by the way. :wink:

5 Likes

Case looks great - arrived today. Thank you!

3 Likes

I’ll take one in black if they’re still available

Yep, I think I even have a black one already finished. You can find my paypal on the sign up sheet.

Thanks!

1 Like

Rode is some rain on friday night. Waterproofing seems ok so far but not ridden in biblical level rain yet.

Photo%20Mar%2029%2C%206%2041%2001%20PM

Photo%20Mar%2029%2C%206%2041%2037%20PM

6 Likes

Ordered a second one. Just to let you know, the base broke after 500 meters with the vibration, so i’m not recommending to install it with the base plate. I’m using industrial velcro now.

1 Like

Same for me on both my cases. I snapped the corners off and sanded to round them out. Just using some loctite double sided tape. Works perfect.

1 Like

How did you mount it exactly? Not sure I really get what happened. Its not designed to be bolted down its mean to be 3M double tapped down. The holes are just so you can still access your truck bolts.

Also @SeanHacker how was yours mounted?

This is how mine is mounted with 3M VHB tape stuck to my reinforcing plated. The truck bolts do not hold down the davega.

If they were not bolted down and it was just vibration I think maybe I could add some ribs to make the flat part of the base a bit stronger. What you think?

3 Likes

Same as yours at first. But vibration killed mine. I actually like it better how mine is now though. I just cut a 1/8in truck riser to size after breaking off the corners and sanding them, super glued it to the bottom, and used the double sided tape. Works perfect.

I bolted it… anyway! As seanhacker, i glued the bottom to make it flat and use velcro, and it works fine.

This one is for…

@janpom Davega wizard stuff.

@b264 it’s a tool not a toy.

@longhairedboy naked foot dude.

https://giphy.com/gifs/TiUrGeX2xlfEezl04t

Waterproofing seems works…

10 Likes

LOL. You’re basically surfing.

4 Likes

Im not sure if this same conversation has taken place anywhere else on the forum but have you noticed that Flipsky is selling the Davega. Just thought I’d let you know :slight_smile:

They do indeed. Here’s their enclosure side by side with @lrdesigns

DSC02161

DSC02160

7 Likes