DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

I feel like my mileage is being recorded inaccurately, a little too much. I have my gear ratio and wheel size correct. If I were to track mileage with gps and compare. How would I go about correcting it ? Also using unity if it matters.

Make sure that the number of magnets are correct. Default of 14 is not correct for all motors.

I’m running these https:///collections/electric-skateboard-motors/products/electric-skateboard-motor-6374-190kv

Not sure what the setting should be

You can adjust your wheel size to compensate. For example, if you are getting 0.9 times the mileage recorded by the GPS, divide the wheel size by 0.9.

Which version does work for you and which doesn’t? What kind of ESC do you have?

flipsky 6. downgraded to 38.

Ah, you mean you had to downgrade the VESC FW. I though you were talking about the DAVEga FW. Currently VESC FW up to 3.40 is known to be compatible. Looking to the VESC changelog, 3.42 should still work but not 3.43 and later. I’ll add an issue for this and fix it soon.

any idea where to start to get it to communicate with the board?

also just upgraded davega fw. and went back to 3.4 on esc but went back to white screen again.

If you have a white screen, that’s a hardware issue. Make sure the display pins have a good contact with the PCB.

I had display when i downgraded to 3.8 so not sure

The screen is normally rendered even if the DAVEga is not connected to a VESC. If you get a white screen, that has nothing to do with the VESC FW version. It’s a DAVEga problem. What hardware do you have? I don’t think you purchased a kit from me.

1 Like

Ok so I traveled 1 mile and the Dave is saying 1.73 traveled. What should I set wheel size to if I have 200mm wheels ? 200 / .73 ?

200 / 1.73 = 116 mm

That’s a significant difference. You must have the gear ratio or the number of motor poles set incorrectly. It doesn’t matter though. If you reduce the wheel diameter 1.73 times, all should work correctly.

I’ll try that. I’m using these motors and left the motor poles at default https:///collections/electric-skateboard-motors/products/electric-skateboard-motor-6374-190kv

i didnt. another local eskater purchased the kit and she gave me the other one to play around with

I see. Did you use the display headers or did you solder the display directly to the PCB? Did you adjust the lengths of the display pins? Again, you will want to make sure there’s a good contact between the display pins and the PCB. It’s best to verify that with a multimeter.

Display direct to pcb

When you try to update the FW on DAVEga, does that work now?

I did update but it was white. Just wondering if its flipsky