DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

“MAH” is mega-amp-henries

“mAh” is milli-amp-hours

4 Likes

Sent you a video of the issue

Yes, you’re right :laughing: Actually I’m perfectly aware of it. Because the screen is so small and I squeezed 6 different values showing on this display, I decided to go full capital letters. Just my personal choice, I don’t encourage anyone to do the same…

As long as you understand you own version lol Looks great!

2 Likes

Science doesn’t work that way. It’s either correct, or it’s incorrect.

3 Likes

If you look at original layout on “default” screen, you’ll see displayed capacity with capital MAH too :smile: Looks like no one complained about it earlier? :wink:

Actually, he did. :smile:

4 Likes

Haha, anyway I’m not bothered, if it’s about calculations, then indeed it is important. But on the display, when we all know what it shows anyway… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The people who lost billion dollar spacecraft weren’t worried either about the “silly shit”. Science doesn’t give a flying fuck what anyone thinks. What’s correct is correct, and what isn’t, isn’t. Feelings are not taken into consideration.

Building an electric skateboard is being an engineer on the side. Engineers use science.

2 Likes

But that’s not the way science/electricity works. I just can’t say this: 15553500841624207278432480462397

Is right just because I know there’s one 0 missing so we all know that. It’s to put it simply not correct.

2 Likes

Guys I think you’ve forgot something. This is about display, which only shows the numeric value. It could not have mAh or MAH at all, just “remaining” and it still would be fine. Because it could be showing “mAh”, “MAH” or “cheeseburgers” it doesn’t matter, as displayed value is not further processed in any way. And furthermore, it is not critical to show capacity left, considering that config consists of calculating it from VESC meter and battery voltage and it could be not 100% accurate everytime, as it depends or discharge profile and one could use Li-ion and one could use LiFePO4 etc… You mainly need to see voltage of your battery if you don’t rely only on LVC. I configured what to show where on the screen and it is for ME, not you or you. And I’m not making displayed value shorter by one or two digits! I’m not selling my display, I’m not sharing it with anyone and I’m the only one person who rides my mountain bike with custom, 3kW mid drive I built from scratch.

1 Like

You should never get a job as an engineer, because you will fail horribly.

Also you should read what I wrote. I didn’t forget anything.

3 Likes

I did, and I never aspired to be one. I admit that seeing someone getting frustrated over such a thing, which doesn’t affect anyone else and is purely personal matter, is sometimes funnier than you think :+1: I never said I would do the same if I was distributing my layout to other people.

I’m not frustrated, I’m rolling my eyes at you. It’s like when a teenager thinks they know more than you do, but clearly they are a huge dumbass to everyone, but only they can’t see that. You’re the teenager here.

And you just can’t stop showing everyone.

1 Like

Just LOL, shall I also show you how I tie my shoelaces so you can tell me how to do it correctly?

1 Like

You’re letting it leak out some more.

How you tie your shoelaces only affects you. There are also multiple correct ways to tie them.

See, you’re the teenager here. We’re rolling our eyes at you.

1 Like

At this point he is like a 10 year old. Cant learn how to stop arguing.

1 Like

No, you still can’t see that what I set on MY display only affects ME?

It’s leaking more.

3 Likes

Oh man, I feel sorry for you. Because your point of view is about being correct while using SI, my point of view from start is that my display can show whatever I want as it’s totally personal thing which doesn’t affect anyone, but me… Keep it going lmao