DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

I can print you the enclosure and mount the buttons and send it to you if you like, I have all the pieces on my bench. It will take awhile to get to you.

I could print it for you… :slight_smile: I still owe you something :wink: :slight_smile: @mmaner just offering it bc. I’m within the EU… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah i did

Cool, no worries, I can send the buttons if they are difficult to source there.

1 Like

That’s very nice of you. Thanks for the offer, but shipping from US to EU costs arm and leg. It’s not worth it. I can ask a friend to print it for me.

Could you please just share the link for the correct buttons? I’m sure it’s somewhere in this thread, but I can’t find it. There’s too much stuff already.

1 Like

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate the offer, but it won’t be necessary.

2 Likes

Sure, here ya go.

100 Pcs GZFY 6x6x4.5mm Panel PCB Momentary Tactile Tact Push Button Switch 4 Pin DIP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6GU7TA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_d5XzCbRX9H3ES

2 Likes

Oh, it’s these? I have a ton of them. :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

I have the green dot! Incase anyone is wondering, i didnt update to the new ACKMANIC firmware (3.xx, I was still 2.54). It will not work on the old firmware (I may have missed this if was already posted in the thread). I installed the new firmware on one vesc, and the DAVEGA connected. I just really didnt want to redo all my settings on the new software, but I guess I am now! The DAVEGA is worth it. I am excited to test it out!

2 Likes

One more thing, sorry for clogging this up… hopefully it will help someone in the future… My speed was off by a factor of 3 (I use mph) 3 mph on the DAVEga is really 9 mph 5 is really 15 8 is really 32 I verified this with gps. It was easy to do the calculations while riding but Im not sure what setting I messed up. I have 97mm wheels, 18t motor pulley, 36t wheel pulley, 7 pair poles Can I just multiply a setting by 3 to get the correct speed and call it done? I will look through the code again tomorrow to see if there is a typo but wanted to out it out here as well.

I bet everything is actually off by a factor of PI since you set the WHEEL_CIRCUMFERENCE_MM to the wheel diameter. Change the 97 to 305 and you should be good.

4 Likes

Meme time, kind ofimage

4 Likes

Haha that makes sense. Go me. Thanks so much for all this @janpom! You’re my hero!

1 Like

Yep, I teach high school math and when I explain this to my students, I either get the look “huh? WTF? That isnt true” or “what a nerd” I just wasnt paying attention when I input that number.

2 Likes

The irony is so rich, perfect to introduce the concept to students, next time they will listen if they can also enjoy the irony :grin:

5 Likes

v0.5 released: https://github.com/janpom/davega/releases/tag/v0.5

• configurable text screen
  • new text screen items
    • MOSFET temperature
    • motor temperature
    • motor current
    • battery current
    • duty cycle
  • configurable text screen font size
  • total km (miles) displayed correctly when greater than 1000
  • WHEEL_CIRCUMFERENCE_MM replaced with WHEEL_DIAMETER_MM
  • SHOW_AVG_CELL_VOLTAGE is true by default
8 Likes

Plans for future developments:

• battery odometer (total Wh discharged; should be a good indicator of battery health)
  • estimated range
  • multiple text screens (there’s already too many items to fit on one screen, especially with horizontal layout)

Any other feature requests?

2 Likes

Stopwatch feature would be cool if possible? For clocking lap times or total ride time

Ride time is already available. Lap times? Really?

1 Like

So by feature requests you meant only if you like them too? Got it thanks :neutral_face: