DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

I don’t have it in front of me or I would measure. But the screw holes in the display are M2 I think. do you think making the screw holes in PCB match would be advisable?

1 Like

My LCD had M3 holes, I had to drill out my PCB to match.

The display PCB holes are indeed M3 while the Dave PCB holes are M2. I could extend them to M3, but I’m not sure if I can align them perfectly and if I don’t, the M3 screws going through will be slightly angled. Maybe better to keep M2 and use M2 screws? I’m open to suggestions.

1 Like

I’m just making a suggestion, it doesn’t stop it the assembly at all. It might be better to leave them as M2.

I’ll leave M2. Changing M2 hole to M3 hole is a matter of one minute with a drill. The same is not true for shrinking M3 hole. :smile:

4 Likes

MCUs arrived. I should start mining bitcoins with so much processing power on hand. :smiley:

7 Likes

Display headers arrived.

… but a wrong size. Dammit! :man_facepalming:

Anyone needs 11pin 2.0mm female headers? I have a lot. :smiley:

7 Likes

Today I fixed bugs in the session data code, ensured time is properly formatted and added avg speed. It’s now merged to master and released as v0.4. Enjoy.

IMG_1600

10 Likes

Gerber files for PCB v1.0 are now available: https://github.com/janpom/davega/tree/master/gerbers

I reverted the button re-routing at last to retain backwards compatibility with the FW. After some experiments with pin change interrupts (that work on all ATMEGA328 pins), I figured these will do for future developments. No need to use the pins with full interrupt capabilities. (If this doesn’t make sense to you, don’t worry. :smile:)

Here’s also the BOM with the purchase links that I use in case anyone wants to order everything on their own.

I’m going to order the PCBs right now. I should be ready to start shipping first kits in about 3 weeks time. I will start a thread for batch 2 shortly before that. As mentioned before, there will be a package with 2 kits, one assembled and one unassembled for $25 including world wide tracked shipping. DISPLAY NOT INCLUDED. If you have special needs (maybe you want more than 2 kits or maybe you only want assembled ones) please talk to @Mich21050. He might be handling custom orders if there’s enough interest.

6 Likes

Why not just then use VESC™

Hey, y’all can do whatever you want :blush:

That’s just my recommendation is all

It’s easy to change web apps later if needed and all the digital stuff, but not scrap a whole batch of PCBs because of one letter on the silkscreen

2 Likes

Thats a little bit complicated but it’s about copyright open source and so on… It’s not really clear what is legally allowed and what not…

1 Like

This is exactly why I wouldn’t put it on the PCB silkscreen. But :man_shrugging:

You could have it in the digital documentation all day long

1 Like

I see, then maybe not write VESC but rather ℣esc? :wink:

Thats exactly what I meant… :wink: I wouldn’t put it anywhere… not even digital… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Davesc ? Lol

1 Like

What I mean is you can change the digital assets at any time but not so much a PCB silkscreen. It’s a like a tattoo.

1 Like

Yes and I’m not 100% sure but I think you would have to recall all pcbs (that you sold)and change them… :slight_smile: @b264

Yeah, we could put V-youknowwhat and AT-youknowwhat-328. Come on guys. I would be really surprised if there was a legal problem with writing VESC on a PCB where it clearly means “plug VESC here”. It would be against common sense. And even if there was a legal issue, Vedder would have to be one hell of an asshole to go after it, which I believe he’s not.

3 Likes

I kind of agree with you but Frank from Trampa commonly sicks his lawyers on people for using the term VESC.

Your right, it would be silly for anyone to care, but he apperantly does and has gone after people in the past.

3 Likes