DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

i’m late to the party, but would like to order 1 or 2 or 3😂

Can you publish the stl. I want to print this!

I need to bolt it together and offer it up to the board to ensure everything is aligned correctly then I’ll upload it to Thingiverse.

2 Likes

This looks so good. This is a NEED for my trampa. Good work sir!

1 Like

Damn you guys keep inspiring me. This looks awesome. Nice job dude.

I decided to make a landscape enclosure now. This is what I have so far. Probably get it finished tomorrow hopefully.

IMG_20181127_155141

3 Likes

Cant wait to try this out :grin::grin:

3 Likes

image Here’s a side by side size comparison of the 2 stl’s thst have been posted here. @mmaner on the left and @lrdesigns on the right. I just did a quick PLA print in each to get a rough idea

4 Likes

Nice! Id be interested to know if the dave will fit in mine from your printer.

Im going to need to make mine bigger to accommodate some buttons. And I want to make a horizontal version.

1 Like

Can’t wait till mine gets here, you guys are doing so much amazing work that this is going to be easy for me!

Seriously, the way this community jumps at the opportunity to help out on an amazing project like this is just phenomenal.

2 Likes

I love the efforts going into the enclosure development. Great work everyone. I think it’s time to make space in my apartment for a 3D printer. I mean, it would be a shame to live in Czech Republic and not get the Prusa i3, right? :smiley:

7 Likes

I think the release a Quad extruder recently! That would be a nice one to pick up.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it might even be illegal :slight_smile:. For real tho, Prusa makes some solid badass equipment, you will enjoy it.

7 Likes

Any word on release for horizontal firmware yet @janpom ?

1 Like

I’ll probably release v0.3 in a few days. Until then, feel free to use the master version. It seems reasonably stable.

4 Likes

Got the PCB soldered tonight, but haven’t soldered the LCD, use the tissue method. Board is a bit thicker than I originally thought so I will have to adjust my model. VescDisplay

4 Likes

Landscape. Love it! :smile:

IMG_20181128_154005

IMG_20181128_161628

10 Likes

Installing buttons - lazy way:

IMG_1536

IMG_1535

Not extra pretty, but doesn’t look terrible either. If we had like 1mm of square depression in the enclosure, so that the buttons could be sunk in a little bit, that would look much better and would make installing these cheap tactile buttons very easy. Just drill two holes, stick the button legs through, add a drop of epoxy, done. WDYT, @mmaner?

BTW, if you’re wondering about the big bolt on the right hand side that’s purely for decorational purposes… and to cover the hole. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice one @janpom

Of the three buttons which do you think would be most used? I’m only going to be using two, and I’m not too worried about resetting distance travelled for example, which was switch 1 right?

I’ve printed what I think is the final version of my enclosure design, so I’ve now uploaded it to Thingiverse.

5 Likes

Ah crap, I forgot to order buttons…

I just looked, I ordered all of my stuff through aliexpress the other day and forgot the damn buttons.

Anyone got any extra I can buy a few off of?

1 Like

The lcd board is soooo close to fitting. I can easily file down the corners by less than 1mm. But if you squared off the internal corners of your design (rather than rounded corners) it might accommodate a slightly greater tolerance

3 Likes