DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

That ui is sweet! Minimal looks so clean. But I still love what you have now. It reminds me of the 80’s and arcade games from when I was a kid.

2 Likes

A page for all this would be pretty good.

I think a simple display screen like this would be awesome, and easy to make a horizontal version. A horizontal orientation would make it much better to fit inside the truck bolts. The max / min detail info screen could still be vertical as there is no need to read that while riding.

The red bar is only there if you get a fault.

12 Likes

I like that. I’ll try to get it done over the weekend.

3 Likes

image image image

11 Likes

Só cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Looks great! Are those 3D printed spacers between the PCBs? How did you manage to squeeze to screw head next to the display? Are those M2 screws?

They are 3D printed spacers, I didn’t have standoffs the size I wanted to use. They’re M3 bolts, no spacing issues.

I wasn’t able to use M3 screws. Maybe you have ones with smaller heads. Could you please post the picture of the arrangement from the first picture in your previous post but taken from the top.

I don’t have it on me, but I took this one yesterday, it’s the same screws. They’re just M3 button head bolts.

2 Likes

Oh, and the two holes on the opposite side to the LCD header pins is off by about 1mm. Needs to be closer to the edge, my bolts are going a bit of an angle at the moment.

Alright guys. I finally got one of my screens to work perfectly. Just need some advice. The MPH is way off. I had to change to 2-3 Motor Pole Pairs to get it above 9MPH. But so far with my settings the speed maxes out at 9MPH. @janpom or anyone that can help. I have a dual setup with 6380 motors. What should my settings be in the config? Here’s what I have so far.

#define VESC_COUNT 2 // number of controllers: 1 = single, 2 = dual #define MOTOR_POLE_PAIRS 7 #define WHEEL_CIRCUMFERENCE_MM 100 #define MOTOR_PULLEY_TEETH 16 #define WHEEL_PULLEY_TEETH 40

1 Like

@SeanHacker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumference

2 Likes

http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/circle-solver.htm

100m wheel = 314.1592653589793mm circumference, I would be tempted to round that out.

Ps. this is awesome

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m not sure what I was thinking. Up and running perfectly now. Going to drill into my X-Things and board to mount this gadget and go for a first ride when the rain is gone this weekend. I love this thing. I’ll be posting a video soon. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@janpom I’m sure this information is in here somewhere but I can not figure it out.

What are the exact Vesc settings you need to get this to work. I have dual vesc run on split PPM.

Your instructions on github for the DAVEga is really good but maybe add some points about the vesc setup.

Is this all the settings I need to change? image

Baud rate? image

Good point. I’ll add a section about VESC setup. I believe you only need to enable UART and set the baud rate to 115200. What you have looks correct. I don’t think the CAN settings are relevant.

2 Likes

Thanks, I tried CAN Status true and false. But my Baud was at 9600. Will try again on Monday.

2 Likes

Some progress on the horizontal layout.

IMG_1525

IMG_1527

IMG_1528

22 Likes

Awesome work as always @janpom Hope to have the time to get mine soldered together on Sunday. Changing the model to work in landscape too.

4 Likes

Ok so after talking with @janpom about selling kits I would like to know if there’s any interrest in kits right now. :smile:

Would you like a DAVEga kit:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters