DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

Just got my screen, ready and waiting to get started!

1 Like

I’m 1 PCB short for shipping ordered unassembled kits. I can ship an assembled one instead. Anyone interested? @SourPlumGoose @Battosaii @spesh @venom121212

4 Likes

I wanted to do it my self and learn but if no one else takes it I will.

1 Like

If you want me to send a pcb I can. I’ve only part assembled some of them.

Thanks @bigben, but I hope it won’t be necessary.

I found one more PCB that has SMD caps pre-soldered. If nobody prefers the assembled kit but someone would rather avoid SMD soldering, I can send them this one.

IMG_1524

Also thanks @Battosaii for offering to take the assembled one even if you don’t prefer that. I hope we’ll find someone else so that you can enjoy the assembly. :smiley:

2 Likes

What’s button 1 used for?

1 Like

to reset the distance

3 Likes

Is that assembled kit you’re offering for those who have already requested a kit? If not I’ll jump on that and send you some $ :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, it’s for those who ordered a kit, sorry. I have 2 spares that I need to keep so that I have something to re-ship in case any packages are lost. Once everything is delivered, these spares can go as well. Please ask again in ~2 weeks.

3 Likes

Ah, no prob. I’ll check back :+1:

1 Like

I’ll take the assembled one @janpom , I’ve got too much shit to do anyway so might do me a favour haha :smiley:

Perfect! Thanks, @spesh.

Ah beat me to it. Oh well!

Alright guys, everything ready to be shipped tomorrow morning. These kits will go to:

Now, it’s slightly confusing with capacitors (again). Please pay attention.

• 22 pF capacitors - There are no THT, only SMD. It’s the packaging with 3 capacitors.
  • 100 nF capacitors - All packages should have 2 THT (one spare). Some packages also have 1 SMD. (I ran out of SMD ones so couldn’t provide one for everybody.) Both THT and SMD work. If you have a choice, use whatever you’re more comfortable with.

22 pf caps:

IMG_1517

100 nF caps:

IMG_1523

3 Likes

That’s it for the batch 1. Now it’s time to do some testing. I hope all goes well and we’ll tweak a few things for the next batch.

I’m still thinking about how I’ll do the batch 2. I did enjoy assembling Daves, but there’s also a bunch of not-so-much-enjoyable tasks like completing the kits, packaging, filling out customs forms (especially this one!!!). I still have a ton of parts on hand, for which I’d like to find new owners, so something will definitely happen. Stay tuned.

4 Likes

How easy would it be implemented long press to reset things? So we could get more functionality from fewer buttons.

1 Like

It’s not hard. Nothing about how the buttons currently work is carved into stone. You can also customize it yourself. It’s open source.

One problem, though, is the limited size of the flash memory on the MCU. The FW is already taking up some 80%, so there’s no space for too many additional fancy features.

Guys I have updated the thingiverse post as my design is workable now. Everything fits. It will still evolve but if you want to give it a go have at it. It might be challenging on the internal tollerances with a FDM printer as it was developed with a SLA printer. If you can adjust the wall offset in software maybe try that.

My DAVEga is ready to go and I wish I could just plug it into my Vesc, but that job is going to be a huge pain in the but. I have super extra water proofed them so it will require a lengthy disassebly and then I need to scrape silicone conformal coating of the pcb to get access to the pads. :pensive: :triumph: :cold_sweat: I have even removed the JST connectors from my vescs.

Winter is dry season here though so I guess its an ok time to pull this shit appart.

File%20Jul%2011%2C%2010%2028%2050%20AM

It has a thick shrink wrap that is glued at both ends, then its glued into the enclosure.

IMG_1420

5 Likes

These look good, got a link?

1 Like

Not to go off topic but I have found that bullet connectors soldered directly to the PCB tend to break off over time with vibration.