DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

That would be helpful, so that we know whether the problem is somewhere in Dave or it’s just an incompatibility with Ackmaniac’s FW.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about that, I default use Acks firmware. That’s likely the cause.

2 Likes

On another note… I’ve ordered a ton of filiment. Next week I’m gonna print housings for a few days for people that need them.

7 Likes

I’m using ack’s firmware (latest whatever that is) and it was working. I’ll do some testing in a few minutes just to verify.

Every screen I seem to order doesn’t work right. I have to pinch the screen for them to work properly. Even picked up some nano’s yesterday just to test and I get the same screen flickering.

@mmaner I would like to buy a case from you if possible. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@mmaner I would be in for one case :smile:

1 Like

I just ordered 5kg of pteg filament as well and can help out if needed. I also have the dremel laser cutter coming soon, and can cut some cases if someone wants to create a file for me

5 Likes

No buying, just pay shipping. I’ll start printing Tuesday.

7 Likes

Hm, are you talking about GitHub - Ackmaniac/bldc: The code for my custom BLDC controller.? Or are there any other FW mods? That repo is a bit strange. There are not many changes. It doesn’t seem to be in sync with the latest Vedder’s updates. There are no releases and I can see no other versions than 3.101 and 3.102. Where do you get the 3.54 and 4.02 from?

I fat fingered it, driving. Sorry about that. It’s 2.54 and 3.102.

1 Like

DAVEga FW v0.2 released: https://github.com/janpom/davega/releases/tag/v0.2

BTW, you want the davega-v0.2.zip file, not the sources (unless you know what you’re doing).

6 Likes

Switches have arrived, they’re pretty small. image

Enclosure is still work in progress, need to add bolt slots for attaching to board etc. image

6 Likes

IMG_20181120_163928 Looking mint😎

8 Likes

Nice! You’re the first to have the v0.3! :smiley:

7 Likes

What are those switches for?

Going to hook up to Buttons 1 and 2. More of a futureproof thing. Future firmware could use them to toggle things, maybe imperial to metric etc.

1 Like

Oh ok, it should look great, have you 3d printed that case?

Not yet, got the LCD already and waiting on a kit in the post from @janpom

3 Likes

Note that button 2 is already used in FW v0.2. It resets the mAh. Button 3 will be used for toggling between multiple screens. Coming soon.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to put mine together :slight_smile:

1 Like

What buttons have you guys been going for?