DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

This is so cool, and affordable… I need one!

RE, my models posted above…

I am going to make a wedge version of the base plate. That way if anyone wants to have the display angled up from the front, that is possible. Just haven’t done it yet as it will all change if my dimensions are off.

4 Likes

can you include a version with Dave written on the case please?

3 Likes

I’ll see what I can do :grinning:

2 Likes

Real Mvp :rofl:

2 Likes

It could be used to make a design where there is not 4 bolt holes at the top which could be more waterproof.

Cool, I can make mine 4mm shorter on the top half, I got around 16mm at the moment and I think 2mm screen will be plenty. And make the base slimmer as I had a cutout for the through hole components legs to have room.

I think its time I ordered the LCD. :smirk:

7 Likes

SLA is so clean. Was that made on a form labs printer?

1 Like

Yes, its kinda cheating.

3 Likes

I have a big request for the enclosure designers. Would it be possible to make an adjustment such that the top part attaches to the bottom plate with some clip-on mechanism rather than with bolts? With my convertible Velcro Board, I need to be able to take VeGa off easily. Having to undo 4 bolts would add too much to the transforming time. Pretty please.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-Li2000-Rechargeable-Screwdriver/dp/B005LTNLDS/ref=sr_1_4?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1540565096&sr=1-4&keywords=electric+screwdriver

So, Hows Dave coming along everyone?

Now you do both or either…

1 Like

…and then there’s this :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

sorry i missed the boat on this one but why’s it being called dave?

perfect :+1:

@brenternet explain yourself

1 Like

MM%20vega%20lcd%20monitor%20v02%20complete%20102618

20 Likes

@mmaner That looks dope :smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks a lot for that. That was super quick. The whole case looks great! Have you tried printing it yet?

3 Likes

not yet, I’m going to this weekend. But I really need the display and perfboard to get a good fit and measure the hole tolerances. The display and ATMEGA should be here next week,

2 Likes