DARTH VAPOR street fighter & offroad version | 130KV | VESC6 FOC | 12S12AH (x2) | CUSTOM X-MOUNT & CARBON DECK cover

The stock extender is

15m OD, total length 41.5mm including hex end

From the plain end of the extender -

• 11.6mm smooth bore, 17.5mm length >
  • 7/16" 20TPI NF threaded 13.5mm length >
  • 10mm 1.5mm pitch grub screw hole, 10.5mm length

If the 7/16 part was 5-6mm longer, this would be perfect. The hex on the end is not completely necessary, it can be replaced with a bolt to keep the hub on & reduce machining cost/hassle.

Maybe steel spacers with M8 hole in 15mm OD like this

Drill it 36mm in with a 25/64" bit (cobalt) like this

And tap it with a 7/16 20TPI UNF tap

Come in from the other side with a M10 drill bit and tap for the bolt

I do not think ā‚¬4/500 is the way forward. No plans to buy myself out of this with Megastars and Trampa adaptors either (I hope!)

Sorry @Riako last spam on your build thread ā€¦ maybe itā€™s easier than that, simply get someone to lathe off the hex on the stock extender, instant extra 6mm, then use M10 bolt in place of the grub

@rey8801 any chance we could impinge on your good nature for dollah?

2 Likes

Like @rich says :

Also stated on Trampa Website (-;

3 Likes

thanks! We are going to shave your nuts :sweat_smile: image

2 Likes

Didnā€™t read the all thread, what should I do? If I can help I will. I already did some lathe and CNC work for the community.

1 Like

Thanks Reyā€¦I thought of you instantly!

Maybe I aught to get off Riakoā€™s build threadā€¦

You can see the hex above on my added picture, a simple removal of the hex, not parting but facing it down to 15mm like the restā€¦or maybe even leaving 1.5mm on the end to help hold the hub on

hence shaving Jensos :peanuts: Sorry I have an incurable love of bad humor

Please DM me if you can fit it in, Iā€™m sure Riako would also like to try

but what about the bolt inside? If I have to simple facing the part without the bolt I can do it no problem. Really easy :wink: Just send it to me and I will send it back. I do not want anything.

1 Like

nothing insideā€¦just facing all or part of the hex bitā€¦thatā€™s it! You da man, thanks for pushing forward the 9" wheels movement

consider it done!

1 Like

ah ok you want to keep the overall length and remove the hex until like 1.5mm left?

Exactly, 4.5mm of hex gone means extra 4.5mm of extender threaded onto the axle taking us out of the danger zone

We can thread in a M10 bolt with a big head instead of a grub to meet the end of the axle which provides rigidity

1 Like

sure it can be done no problem.

2 Likes

Hey guys !

Sorry Iā€™m late this week ! But thanks a lot for your sharing and your motivation to solve this little issue @banjaxxed :blush: and no worry, itā€™s not offtopic!

And, Alessio, I guess Iā€™m always short of word with all what you do for us here, but, thank a lot mate :kissing_heart:

Besides that, Iā€™m still dying trying to communicate with FlipSky ā€¦
it is exceptional how they do it!
When youā€™re preparing an order, you speak to one person, who perfectly understand all your meaning etc.
When you have paid and got a problem, they make you go round in circles, with 4 different interlocutors who never read the history, and intentionally understand nothing and make you lose 2 weeks of deadlines almost voluntarily ā€¦
I think they try voluntarily, to give up all after sales service. They could almost succeed, if these motors were not brand new!!..

5 Likes

ā€¦

Finaly

ā€¦

After more than 2 months !
I got the replacement rotors, and the new one doesnā€™t got logo and the exact same design as Torqueboard (except the big m4 screw at the end of the cage )ā€¦ it looks a bit like if they have take one from the production ā€¦ :

I canā€™t see any glue as in the old one, but it looks a bit beter now. I just donā€™t know when I could test them again ā€¦ now focused like a laser on the build for :arrow_forward: :arrow_forward: :arrow_forward:

Paris - Carcassonne, summer 2019, 1000kms in 10days, on eMTBoard. Start in less than a month !!!

5 Likes

They look like they have a different glue itā€™s a totally different colour and looks like more of it :+1:

1 Like

Yes, even worst, like I note :

Thatā€™s why, it looks a different color, it is just black with shadow. And I didnā€™t see any glue between itch magnet inside ā€¦ (like the white one in yours)
but the system and design is the same :slight_smile:

Anyway, I donā€™t know what to do with this board right now :smile: I donā€™t know if I really want to re-set these motors on ā€¦