DARTH VAPOR street fighter & offroad version | 130KV | VESC6 FOC | 12S12AH (x2) | CUSTOM X-MOUNT & CARBON DECK cover

Thanks mate :wink: I have filmed enought for 2 vid. so an other one is coming :blush:

Some photos :

PS : I recharged 10500mAh after this ride.

5 Likes

haha yeah, thx man ! ā€¦ I dont really see the difference and no matter :blush: custom cf deck / custom deck ā€¦ Maybe cf custom deck is the right thing you have to call a cat a cat :smiley_cat: (I donā€™t really know if this expression exists in Englishā€¦ )

Just for the story, its not just for the look. The original Scrub wooden deck was too flex, so I reinforce it by sandwitch it in carbon fiber.

See my GF test it :

Some other pic of the process :

More info and photo here :wink:

2 Likes

No I fully understand iv made customised decks and fully custom decks cf wise. alot more tooling goā€™s into fully custom to get strength and not have the deck delaminate. customised would mean u have taken an already usable deck and altered it I.e made it stiffer (not knocking it iv just done the same) I read this looking for how u made the deck not covered or skimmed a deck. I know I sound like a dick really not trying to be. yer we have somthing similar sating wise we say call a spade a spade

:smile: sorry, I really do not understand where you are coming from. So you say it is a customised deck but not a custom deck ? No itā€™s cool it allows me to be better understood and pratice a bit english :wink:

Ok so, we vote for Customised deck ?

So is this is a custom cf deck :blush: :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha yer as long as the deck has been built from scratch. not recovered an already existing one like I say sorry wasnā€™t try to come off a dick and I do like ur board effort has been put in to it and it shows

1 Like

:blush: yeah, no worries dude, I tease you too :wink:

yes it is fully made, but its made from a deck I made :smile:

thanks for watching !

7 Likes

How do u find the coloured cf for delaminating I have some aluminium fiber canā€™t get it to stay laminated

1 Like

Itā€™s a Carbon Fabric - Polyester offer by the frensh dealer (you could find red, blue, green, orange, purple, yellow, on the net also with other beautifull patern https://compositeenvisions.com/images/F-1822-carbon-fiber-lime-green-dyed-fiberglass-hybrid.jpg okp or also an other guy use it blue too (you should like this custom carbon deck :wink:

http://nsm07.casimages.com/img/2017/04/09//17040909064622183514972366.jpg http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2017/01/20//17012007381122183514787983.jpg And even on AL, he gorgeously customised my Xmount :stuck_out_tongue: http://nsm07.casimages.com/img/2017/02/14//17021409132722183514847759.jpg http://nsm07.casimages.com/img/2017/03/09//17030909162422183514907191.jpg

4 Likes

Today Iā€™m looking to (for the 4th or 5th time), the positioning of the strap foot ā€¦ I almost got a holypro like :smile:

My deck is really long 98cm tips to tips - 100cm/40" wheelbase with long crease to tip is 18/20cm hard to tell with the big round angle of curvature ā€¦ So here is the issue, I canā€™t get the stance I want for my 1m95. I got 60cm between itch opposite strap foot. would like 10cm more but the baseplate of the L Bracket start to be on the curvature of the long crease to tip ā€¦ arrrrg The leader strap part is really unconfortable during long ride And canā€™t do anything I guessā€¦ plus my foot are far from the trucks and it feel not enought ā€œprecise controlā€

2nd issue, when I approach 35/40kmh the setup start to wooble a bit and if I donā€™t engage long carve its worst !! The setup feels really different seen Im on 9". The deck balance a lot easier (and more it feelsā€¦ maybe my gravity center riseā€¦). What do you think guys about it ?

3st pb (I guess), my crease to tip got only around 20Ā° angle, so the vertigo arenā€™t in the optimised position. But it should improved control, setup should tunr better right ? But maybe also staility ?

I havenā€™t this pb on the 8" street fighter version, its why I plot :cold_sweat:

This afternoon I will play with SPRING ADJUSTER to see, and try some other modification (reduicing the wheelbase a bit, scherch the best foot position the most comfortable possible, add angled riser ā€¦ etc.)

1 Like

Interesting. Are you also using the scrub trucks? If so, what is your opinion on these? A heck of allot cheaper than mbs or trampa trucks.

Looking to replace some B Grade trucks with something a bit more stable.

i need this in my life so bad. One of these days iā€™m going to get a trampa.

1 Like

Iv looked at the coloured b4 wasnā€™t sure about delaminating and about strength iv gone for 2x3 twill with kevlar

yes, actualy it works goodā€¦ It is just use for the finish layer.

Thought so but didnā€™t want the nice finishing layer to pop off under heavy riding. happened with the alu fiber canā€™t wait to finish my current deck

1 Like

No, there is only the soul of the deckā€¦ Iā€™m with Trampa Vertigo trucks, red Dampas

I used the Scrub one 1 time in mountainboard 1st beggin ā€¦ And then ā€œcustomā€ them with 10mm axel to fit 97mm FW :blush: But never really test it again ā€¦

Now got the Matrix 2 pro for my no electric mtboard waiting for testing ā€¦ but the calling of the Darth is too strong :imp: ! As soon as I find a good spot I ship it on the backpack !! I am a brand new and young thirty-year-old debutant, I really need to practice and learn everything a lot !!!

hahaaa :smile: ho yes ! That fĀµck!ng truuue !! It is really a wonderfull, greatfull and confortable type off ride on a powerfull setup which I can not do without now !!! And the V6 + Overion motor give me all and even more pleasure than what expected/I could expect from it in riding style !!! these abilities go so far beyond mine,ā€¦ I like it so mutch :heart_eyes_cat:

Yeah, Iā€™m also eyeing on this one for me ā€¦ :scream: or a X-shape : :blush: it could be a good start to solve some small and insinuating pb I got if I ever fall for it/her (haha) and it is already the case, I must wait at least 2018 for that !.. :money_mouth:

Also, got an other little vid of saturday ride e-riderz !

Now I would have to think seriously about finishing this version ā€¦ but it will take time I think ! priority to ride now !

3 Likes

Hey e-riders !!

This is about this WE, :sunny: please donā€™t laught, I start training and practicing a bit more so it allows me to keep track of evolution

I received some battery and my module metr.at (got some reading to do) !!! Thanks @rpasichnyk for all your amazing work too !

ā€¦but I see

PERIMETR

1. If you want to change configuration over bluetooth with perimetr, you need VESC firmware version 3.29 or newer. Use official VESC Tool to update.

argā€¦ I have to past to 3.29 or 30 ā€¦ Iā€™m in 3.28FW that I like to ride

And what I discover after the WE ā€¦ ā€¦ donā€™t know how it appened :smile: itā€™s really not very serious, I have others !

and an other one :wink:

Peace !

7 Likes

Some lost scene ā€¦

:wink:

3 Likes

to celebrate my +1.7kWh new capacity, a little preview of a short record of my today cruising under FW3.32 +metr.at ! :smile: it disconnect all the time, so ā€¦ yeah nothing to see ā€¦ I really have to deport it out of this little box !

2 Likes

What batteries did You use to get over 1kWh? Iā€™m looking around for something that could provide me with more range, last time me and Idea rode together off-road my 12S10Ah battery allowed me to travel about 18km, thought for a while about 12S8P liion pack but it probably wouldnā€™t fit in my battery box without modding or changing it. For now Iā€™m looking at turnigy multistar 6S16Ah bricks and wondering if they would perform good or not, their price is temptingā€¦