Darth Icarus | Loaded Icarus | 10s4p | Sound System | Gummies | Psycho Mounts

Make the BMW i8 of esk8 with the engine noises lol

:blush: I have to say … I love it ! hahahah

10 Likes

Man this boards a work of art

1 Like

@Eboosted man it’s looking great.

1 Like

Got bored since I’m waiting on things. Threw some wheels on and gave her a test push for the sounds.

7 Likes

Mmmmmmm aluminums. Time to Mill some shit.

8 Likes

So looks like plans are changing. After a few months of waiting. I’ve received yet another email from @Trampa that there is no definitive end date to the production of the gummies. This is really disappointing as I’ve purchased NoWind’s pulleys in advance, ($105), as well as my gummies/superstar order being $294.

Trampa stopped using paypal, and no longer has the funds in paypal to refund me, so I’m not even sure how or when I’ll get a refund at this point.

So looking like $400 wasted on a dream and down the tube. Looks like I may end up having to pick up another set of 107’s and Metroboard Pulleys for this build(shell out another $260 for wheels and pulleys), if I want to complete this in a realistic time frame.

blah…

2 Likes

Fucking lame!!!

1 Like

Is what it is I guess.

May as well design some hubs to Mill out for an AT build at some point so the pulleys don’t go-to waste… I mean now that the mini Mill here…

Are those Gummies even work??? There’s not much to hold them. If you spin them fast they probably strech and what about hard breaking? There’s no core to hold them in place. Some people have them but I don’t see any reviews…

Gummies have almost as much thane as 107s @LukePL. Half of it is inside the bead of the hub. When they are installed the two halves of the hub supposedly compress them into place.

Either way I’ll never know personally.

We will start pouring them 20ths of march. It will be mid of April till we get the first batch.

Frank

No worries.

I’ve already made an order for a set of 107s and another set of pulleys.

Just waiting for the magic of PayPal in regards to the gummies. Thanks anyway.

wait you have a cnc?

1 Like

How are vendors getting away with this? Selling products that don’t exist!? And then stops using Paypal? Seems shady. Don’t take our money until you have a product ready to ship!! I would never buy anything from Trampa. Sorry to hear. Been loving this build, keep at it.

2 Likes

I don’t mind participating in pre-orders. As long as communication is kept open. Which it was throughout the entire process. I’ve had good experiences with alot of pre-orders in many hobbies.

It’s the ending that sucks. When your offered a refund due to delays. But then after you start the process of cancellation it goes off the deep end. It’s disappointing.

I won’t necessarily say “No to all pre-orders” as good things do come from them. Just all angles of these processes need to be smooth.

2 Likes

Dag. I really wanted the gummies too

This thread died a while ago due to some setbacks. But

@psychotiller now offers press on surfrodz mounts @trampa actually has gummies in stock

Since this build has been on hold, basically since December, because I’m picky and really kind of want what I want I’ve waited patiently and things have come to fruition.

Few changes

• 10s4p as to make room in the enclosure for the BMS and Audio Amplifier
  • SurfRodz colors, I’ll be selling the single Purple and Green 200mm, as I stole the other half of the set for the Evo, and picking up raw baseplate and red hangars
  • superstars will be white with red text and red spokes.

Super Carve revived.

18 Likes

Welp, I’ve got the SurfRodz on order. Will be ordering from Psycho soon.

The Icarus and Potato are both running 10S, as well as the E-Bike I am building for my wife. While I don’t need another 10S charger in the house, I did need some more BMS. And to follow my other builds, I’ve moved away from full-size/large BMS’s

All my builds are sporting Micro Charge only BMS’s. So for anyone looking for a super-light, and super small 10s BMS:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282923151393

side note: @anorak234 or @Namasaki the main post, is no longer editable, can I send one of you an update, of what I would like in the first post?

3 Likes