Darth Icarus | Loaded Icarus | 10s4p | Sound System | Gummies | Psycho Mounts

I take it you never read my thread before writing that. Like I said with some light sanding it fits.

Obviously a dedicated enclosure for the icarus is great news but im just saying the vanguard enclosures are already close.

1 Like

wait. so the boards you sent over are @Eboosted to KEEP? Mine is just a loaner

2 Likes

Yes. The ones I sent are for Alan to keep, I wanted him to be able to enjoy a build on the decks if he so desired after putting in the work of making his gorgeous enclosure designs.

I asked if anyone wanted to partake in funding the decks in his thread. And no one did, but I wanted enclosures. So :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey man…

I didn’t read your thread. But I also had the Vanguard enclosures in hand for a friend’s Vanguard build and put them on the Icarus myself.

Sanding them would not leave enough room as the center has a 3mm variance with cells only to account for heat shrink ect on the pack. Sanding would make the pack not fit. As well the gaps…the gaps

Plus…need more then 10s :wink:

2 Likes

mighty generous of you. I sent mine because @scepterr can’t loan out his daily driver and I had the same deck just laying around after parting it out, He and I will shared the shipping costs. Not having a well fitted enclosure what left it hanging on the wall. Can’t wait to build with it again!

2 Likes

So, I’ve been meaning to try out new firmware

But basically Metr + AckESC-Tool 3.100 = wireless setup

I flashed two of my focboxes with 3.100, then setup UART and CanBus ID/Send status only.

The results - being able to completely configure escs wirelessly including motor detection.

As well as the ability to do modes and adjust watts - I’ve tested and verified applying modes works as expected

Killer job @rpasichnyk

3 Likes

This is awesome. It would be nice to do everything from mobile!

You mostly can with the sister app called Perimetr. But now you can do it all without a USB cable after you’ve buttoned up your enclosures.

1 Like

So what all does the Metr app do that the Ackmaniac app doesn’t?

That is awesome! Did you use one hm10 for each focbox? Or can u switch id somehow for configuring master and slave with one hm10?

Perimetr has pretty much all the settings. Including motor detection.

Metr has modes, mappable logs, wireless pass through to PC VeSC Tool. Android Wear and apple watch support. He also added the ability to add together telemetry from all the vescs found on canbus to be displayed on dashboards. Check out the metr.at thread… :slight_smile:

I have one metr.at module on the slave. -for vesc tool tcp pass through, just set can fwd and the ID as normal and you can configure both independently provided you have already setup Can ID’s and send status -for the modes, it auto detects all vescs on the canbus string and will apply the “mode” to all escs

Couldn’t use/don’t need to use two…as my master has a photon remote plugged into uart :wink:

1 Like

And you’re still rocking the Photon remote? Does that play nicely with AckEsc tool and Metr app?

1 Like

Yep

Was using metr, photon and ack 2.54 before - so Perimetr didn’t work for acks firmware, modes didn’t work in metr, but they did in acks app…like metr better…having to disconnect and switch apps was a pita

But now with ack 3.100, metr and photon. Perimetr works on all 3.xx firmware with the metr module, and metr has wireless configuration from PC. Modes also work now.

1 Like

So…my buddy came over yesterday and we milled the mounts from wood to test fitment, still need some work.

Hoping @Eboosted is having luck working on the enclosures.

Just a couple weeks away from having gummies from @trampa

Out of boredom, started setting up my foot stops

My Drop-Through 105 backing plates from RipTide should be here this week(@Alphamail had to order from sick boards your still out :frowning: ) , then I’ll install the nose guards underneath. Slowest build ever…but it’s 14F outside…so I’m not riding :joy:

3 Likes

Working on the molds of the 3 decks, I’ll have somthing next week

5 Likes

Looking good man, take your time,was just wishing you luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just realized I may not need the backing plates…

I’ll test fit them when I receive them as I’d prefer not to sink the hardware washers into the board…but for now this works for mock up purposes…the washers on the bottom will be a backing plate instead. Before the nose guard and nut

1 Like

Riptide Backing plates and Atopic precision cups showed up…

Installed

And some new gloves

4 Likes

Looking good! Whats the putpose of the backing plates? Is it for if you are running a drop through deck in top mount config?

What I really want for my icarus is a peice For the top of the deck that would bolt in and cover the hole - does such a thing exist off the shelf? Or would it be a 3D print job?

1 Like

Hey there, thanks! The backing plates are for when you run drop through, normally the trucks are above the deck and the deck hangs below, so all your and the decks weight rests on the nuts. The backing plates allow you to “sandwich” the deck in metal to give it more meat/surface area so over time the mounting holes/drop through cutt out doesn’t break.

As far as a plate for the top when top mounting the trucks on a drop through board… probably a 3d print or hand cut plate would do the truck

1 Like