Customized POM HTD5M pulleys for ABEC, Kegel, Evolve GT, MBS 100, ABEC clones,

The pulley is 19mm or 3/4" solid block of acetal delrin which are used extensively in industrial gearing, bearing,… I doubt it very much a skateboarder weight can put any amount of stress on it.

2 Likes

Because it’s extremely hard to get it aligned properly and it does not distribute force properly. You have to remember that thane is not hard, the best contact is with the hard plastic of the wheel hub.

I’m usually not one to comment on other sellers posts, but I’m not sure you fully understand the faults with these pulleys, and your customers are pointing them out as well.

3 Likes

I like my stuff to press hard against that thane. Nice and snug.

One of the biggest mistakes people make it trying to get the pulley really frikkin tight before balancing it. The best method is to get it snug, balanced, then back out each bolt 1 at a time and apply loktite. Then re-balance.

It’s a lot easier when you don’t try to make the pulley sink I to the Thane, snug with no movement is all you need. Maybe 15 lbs of torque.

2 Likes

The pulleys look quality and good price, but I also think against the hub is better. I have made lots and lots of my own designed pulleys that I 3D printed and I found ones that rested on the thane did not stay straight. My theory as to why is that if you hit a big bump the thane squishes out the side and can move the pulley a bit, then its not strait anymore.

POM is a great material, I use it for all my designs for my day job. Its strong, very low friction and is much more resistant to cracking at low temperature than most plastics which is good for northern people. Its is used in bag buckles for this reason.

2 Likes

The bolts are not metric thread? I will not be able to find imperial bolts in my area. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: International shipping price with two sets and two sets of bolts? (Two pulleys) Thanks.

" I’m usually not one to comment on other sellers posts, but I’m not sure you fully understand the faults with these pulleys, and your customers are pointing them out as well."

It’s actually very easy to aligned the pulley properly and get distributed force evenly against the thane. Since all retaining bolts are the same length and the pulley is individually cnc machined to close tolerance dimensionally (ie thickness), threading the bolts into the pulley until they protrude out the same distance. Voila, pulley is aligned and balanced. No reason to over torque.

2 Likes

Metric bolts are available.

Hello Marc! I am in the process of purchasing everything I need to finish my build and I am interested in your motor mount. I am getting the Turnigy sk3 with the following specs : Turns: 14T Voltage: 10~12S Lipoly RPM/V: 192KV Internal resistance: 0.016 Ohm Max Loading: 80A Max Power: 4032W Shaft Dia: 8.0mm Bolt holes: 32mm Bolt thread: M4 Weight: 858g Motor Plug: 4.0mm Bullet Connector

I am pairing this motor with the 160mm Caliber 2 “Blackout” 50° - 9" Axle Trucks, as well as 97mm flywheel clones.

I am also in need of the entire Drivetrain system, belts, pulleys, etc, and I am not sure if you sell those as well but I believe I would need a 36t 16t set up with a 265mm belt.

I’m looking forward to doing business with you!

1mm wider than the belt is the standard when you buy those aluminium pulleys for industrial uses. Its nice to have a little wiggle room. @marcmt88 I assume these would be the same?

Since these pulleys are individually machined, I can customize to any additional wiggle room you want.

People were talking about the enertion 12 mm pulleys being 13.5mm. One said you could run 15mm with no problems. Is this truth or myth?

You can run 15mm wide belt with 12mm pulley. You are just going to wear out your belt quickly.

Easy to trim the belt against the pulley with a sharp craft knife.

Delrin rod comes as 6ft section, cuts into pucks, machines them parallel, customizes to your specific need. :point_down:

IMG_2704

IMG_2707

2 Likes

Would you be able to make the pulley slope down into the hub. This could solve the complaints or negative views that a few people have talked about. I personally would like something to last longer then a 3D printed one would.

I will consider it moving forward.

4 Likes

I received my pulley recently, had absolutely zero problem aligning the pulley against the Kegel wheel so if you have that concern, be rest assured of that.

Unfortunately, the width is slightly too thick so I was unable to screw on the axle nut, and I can’t provide any additional feedback for now. Have ordered another set, and will report back further if that works.

Hello, I want to buy the 3D print file for 35T HDT 5M kegel wheel pulley. Can I buy from you with PayPal?

Reply to my email: [email protected]

Thank you!

1 Like

Ive been using a pair of 40t 17mm pulleys for several weeks now with no issues👌